i'm looking at getting a new wah pedal because one that i got as a gift was a P.O.S. so i need some advice, i've seen a few that look good but i've pretty much narrowed it down to the Dunlop Dimebag wah, and the Zakk wylde wah, the question is, which one deals better on it's own and going through effects whether on the amp like different channels of gain or on pedals like chorus or effects.

OR is there another pedal that would be better, anyway thanks for the help
Don't get any signature ones... jeez.

The Dunlop Original Crybaby is great.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
for your budget (seems to be $150?), id go crybaby 535q. most other crybabies, IMHO, are mediocre at best. most mass marketed wahs are horrible tone suckers when switched off and have a decent sweep.

if your willing to save up more id look into either fulltone or RMC wahs (these run up in the $200 new range)
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Don't get any signature ones... jeez.

The Dunlop Original Crybaby is great.

Listen to this man.
Inhuman evil take down!
but that's the thing, that's what i got, i play METAL, i got it used, metal like what i play didn't exist hardly..... so i NEED something that can handly like a mesa dual rec, and i've tried every way i can, and it just can't....
Quote by Metalmaker
but that's the thing, that's what i got, i play METAL, i got it used, metal like what i play didn't exist hardly..... so i NEED something that can handly like a mesa dual rec, and i've tried every way i can, and it just can't....

Ibanez WH-10... used of course because they don't make them anymore.

Or if you wanna go new check out the Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon - not as great as the WH-10 but the Weeping Demon is amazing when it comes to metal... in fact, metal is the only thing its good for lol
Last edited by i_am_metalhead at Aug 7, 2008,
the dimebag wah i pretty awesome, it is basically a tweeked 535q
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
the dimebag wah i pretty awesome, it is basically a tweeked 535q

the electronics are actually 100% identical. The only difference is it has a sick paintjob...
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
If you can, try look out for the Ernie Ball Wah. I've seen demoes on YouTube and it sounds great clean or distorted, can get some good Kirk Hammett style wah
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by Metalmaker

Crybaby 535Q, its a great wah and can handle high gain.
Quote by danyellenik
the electronics are actually 100% identical. The only difference is it has a sick paintjob...

plus an extended sweep
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Ibanez WH-10... used of course because they don't make them anymore.

Or if you wanna go new check out the Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon - not as great as the WH-10 but the Weeping Demon is amazing when it comes to metal... in fact, metal is the only thing its good for lol

the weeping demon is pretty damn good. step on step off feature is nice.
i was gonna buy a zakk wylde signature wah, but it just sounded too much like zakk when i was playing it.....i dont know if thats what your going for, but i kinda wanted to mess around with my own sounds, so i got a crybaby wah off ebay for like $55 bucks, and it was completely worth it.
I've never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number. - Bon Scott
Speaking of signature wahs, has anyone tried the Buddy Guy crybaby?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator