What are some good death metal bands whose vocalist have the old school death metal sound (Chuck Schuldiner, John Tardy, Kelly Shaefer, David Vincent on Altars, etc.)?

I love death metal and I like death metal vocals, I just don't like the super deep vocals like Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, or most death metal bands.
Adam Darski of Behemoth has a combination of the old school loose growl and the deep grunt.

Besides, Behemoth is insane.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
try unleashed. entombed. swedish death metal is good.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Adam Darski of Behemoth has a combination of the old school loose growl and the deep grunt.

Besides, Behemoth is insane.

thanks but I already know them... I respect what they're doing but they're not my style
Lol. I've never heard anyone refer to him as Adam Darski. But yeah, he friggin pwns.

Try old albums from a lot of death metal bands. Old Cannibal is much less guttural, as is old Deicide, and both of their early material is fantastic.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Amon Amarth
Strapping Young Lad(death/thrash)
Nile (When Dallas sings)

Quote by Instrumetal
Lol. I've never heard anyone refer to him as Adam Darski. But yeah, he friggin pwns.

Try old albums from a lot of death metal bands. Old Cannibal is much less guttural, as is old Deicide, and both of their early material is fantastic.

Normally I never refer to him as Nergal. I usually never refer to anyone by their stage name, only Abbath and people who changed their names.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Amon Amarth
Strapping Young Lad(death/thrash)
Nile (When Dallas sings)

Normally I never refer to him as Nergal. I usually never refer to anyone by their stage name, only Abbath and people who changed their names.

:/ I know all of them too. I like Amon Amarth but not the other 2.
Quote by Instrumetal

I like Deicide but I'm not into Cannibal Corpse. They're okay but I've just never got into them (early stuff included).
The vocals on Decapitated's new stuff sounds almost exactly like Morbid Angel's (Minus the bubbly, underwater kinda vocals in Domination).

Also, try pretty much any melodeath band (except for maybe Kalmah, which had kinda black metal vocals, but since the black waltz, they mostly go for a Amon Amarth-kinda growl).
benighted is amazing. they'll sometimes do the deep death metal growls, but their vocalist can do a lot of different stuff.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Quote by deadeyedick
into eternity has clean vocals with your deep stuff...

I don't mind growling, just not the super deep guttural grunting that sounds like a burp. I love Chuck Schuldiner's vocals.
Quote by InvaderTSN
3 Inches of Blood isn't death metal.

Did you hear their latest album? it shreds none the less...and lacerates
Quote by InvaderTSN
I have, and it's good, but it's not death metal though.

you gotta give it a thrash metal at least...
try Insomnium, Fear My Thoughts, Scar Symmetry, or Shade Empire =] all are really good heavy/death metal bands