Ok, I'm asking for a friend because i really dont know what to tell him on this one.

He's very similar to me in what types of music he playing and is looking at two amps.
A Fender Blues Jr. or Peavey Classic 30.

He is mostly a classic rock/blues player.

He likes that the Blues Jr. has lower wattage (considering he is mostly a bedroom player allthough occasionally does gig with me, but volume is not an issue with gigging because we mic up.) He also likes the cleans on Blues Jr.

On the other hand he is looking at the classic 30 because it has 2 channels (a BIG plus) a better drive channel then the Blues Jr and an effects loop. He also like that the Classic 30 has more gain on tap for when he likes to blay some hard-ish rock and blues.

Were havin' real trouble trying to decide here. Hopefully I gave enough info. He's right over my shoulder so feel free to ask any more info from him if you need it.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
I'm gonna have to say classic 30 because I own it, and because it can nail blues, and classic rock tones better. Although I did like how the fender handled the cleans just a bit better.
the fender BJ (no pun intended) sounds muddy/bad at high volumes. the classic 30 will be better for gigging, and has a better overdrive channel, its a trade off with the cleans, i like the british sounding cleans better, and the classic 30 delivers. the BJ will have american sounding cleans, and not as much gain/not as nice sounding OD
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
the fender BJ (no pun intended) sounds muddy/bad at high volumes. the classic 30 will be better for gigging, and has a better overdrive channel, its a trade off with the cleans, i like the british sounding cleans better, and the classic 30 delivers. the BJ will have american sounding cleans, and not as much gain/not as nice sounding OD

Yeah, thats our issue. His cleans are just as important as the overdrive. So the BJ has Great Cleans and a good od while the C30 has good cleans and great od.

lol help
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
The Blues Junior has AMAZING cleans and really cool bluesy natural overdrive. I say Blues Junior with any pedals he needs, you can get a pedal for overdrive but you can't get a pedal for Fender all-tube cleans.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by RNRSoldier
The Blues Junior has AMAZING cleans and really cool bluesy natural overdrive. I say Blues Junior with any pedals he needs, you can get a pedal for overdrive but you can't get a pedal for Fender all-tube cleans.

Ah, but an OD will not sound as good as the amps natural distortion.
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo
Definitely true, but I think it's a good trade-off. Of course that's my biased opinion, just putting it out there.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
Yeah, thats our issue. His cleans are just as important as the overdrive. So the BJ has Great Cleans and a good od while the C30 has good cleans and great od.

lol help

i actually like the classic 30 cleans VERY much, as they are more british voiced
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Well, thanks guys but we keep running around in circles lol. Well I guess We'll be goin up to the music store all day tommorow.

Thanks alot guys, youve been a big help
American Strat:
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
H2O Chorus/Echo