i want one...for real tho. does anyone here work out? ive been trying sit ups while watching tv. every commercial break i do push ups or sit ups for the whole commercial break, but doesnt seem to be doing very much. no, before anyone suggest steroids, no, just no. does anyone know any good ways of working out thats not involving going to the gym or taking steroids?
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
I do sit ups alot too, and crunches and I've got a nice set of abs coming along now! Just stick with it man!
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
if you have a gut, you can do a million sit ups a day and you still wont see it, so loose the weight if you have any, and if not, just keep at it, and yes crunchs are better

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Quote by Awaken
if you have a gut, you can do a million sit ups a day and you still wont see it, so loose the weight if you have any, and if not, just keep at it, and yes crunchs are better

no, a lot of ppl say im actually skinny, not extremely skinny, but i guess you could say i have a slight gut.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Do 40 normal sit ups, 40 v sit ups, and 25 side sit ups on both sides. Do those everyday and it'll come along. I do them for track and its helped out a lot. Also, pop and other junk food should be avoided because it creates a layer of fat around your abs.
Bicycle crunches: DO THEM!

Better than crunches because it works more muscle groups.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Don't do a million crunches, focus on strength training your abs man. Find an incline bench, start doing em in sets of 15-12-10, with it being very difficult to get to the 15 set, so on and so forth, add weight to your chest as the sets get easier.
do more than just situps and pushups(I recommend 6min abs, plainly six mins of ab workout and do that 2x a day)(and for pushups, i would do 5 sets(of ten) at a time)
run also.(i recommend 2 miles)
and in no time wallah a six pack.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Quote by deadeyedick
yeah make sure you feel a burn when you do the crunches, thats the fat burning away.

Wrong, crunches dont get rid of stomach fat, only dieting does.
am i the only one who was thinking this would be about beer?

im slightly disappointed.

id like some nice abs though. i need to lose some weight first, then i can start toning my abs.
Quote by ~Shred Hero~

dude, light wieght with lots of repetition burns the fat while lots of wieght with fewer reps builds muscle....When I read my qoute I thought you replaced BURN with BUM.
ahhh herers how i work on mine

twist at the end of your sit up and alternat the direction you twist each time
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
Congradulations, you are a genious even if you are intoxicated.

Quote by Godsmack_IV
lucky bastard and your knowlegde of chemical engineering...

Quote by FortuneFaded
you guys are geniuses.

Quote by tonedeafidiot
^That is genius!

:stickpoke why dose yellow hate blue? WHY!
Quote by deadeyedick
dude, light wieght with lots of repetition burns the fat while lots of wieght with fewer reps builds muscle....When I read my qoute I thought you replaced BURN with BUM.

Not when it comes to the abdominal muscles. Trust me, you can do a search and find this stuff.
Quote by ~Shred Hero~

Semi-Wrong. Crunches, which build muscle, also builds metabolism, which burns fat away just by living normally.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

Dude, there is a bodybuilding thread..
MY WAY to build a six pack is long distance jogging combined with a planned ab workout that you do the same way (while increasing difficulty when possible) every single time.
and it worked for me
Quote by tjhome28
It annoys me when kids sit there playing the sweet child o mine or smoke on the water intro riff repeatedly
and badly
and so loud the whole shop can't hear themselves think
and with the worst amp settings possible

[/rant]

+1
Last edited by Xaveir at Aug 7, 2008,
Quote by Eddy372
Semi-Wrong. Crunches, which build muscle, also builds metabolism, which burns fat away just by living normally.

Fair enough.

Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey

Honestly,

Would you rather party with a man with a six pack, or a man with a keg?
Quote by Xaveir
Dude, there is a bodybuilding thread..
the best thing for building a six pack is long distance jogging combined with a planned ab workout that you do the same way (while increasing difficulty when possible) every single time.

wrong again
Quote by *Juno*
wrong again

I fixed it...you happy??
Quote by tjhome28
It annoys me when kids sit there playing the sweet child o mine or smoke on the water intro riff repeatedly
and badly

[/rant]

+1
am i the only one who was thinking this would be about beer?

I additionaly thought it was about beer, but bicycle crunches are the best alternative to going to the gym, but if you want my opinion, go to the gym
Quote by *Juno*
No..im never happy.

Your life must suck
Quote by tjhome28
and badly

[/rant]

+1
Quote by ~Shred Hero~

Honestly,

Would you rather party with a man with a six pack, or a man with a keg?

as long as i could tap that...

wait...

>_<
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
one of the best things you can do for abbs is to hang from a bar and lift your knees to your chest--or even harder is to keep straight legs and lift them to 90 degrees. if you dont have a bar or anything you can lay on the ground and lift your legs up from 2 inches off the ground to 12 inches, in that motion for like 50 times. if you do do sit ups, make sure you do ones where you touch your right elbow to left thigh, then left elbow to right thigh, then straight ones.
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████