Alright, my TV's sound is cutting out, and I've been trying for the past hour or two to try and fix it. I've diagnosed it as the box being the problem (I think), because I've hooked up external speakers going directly out of the box, not through the TV. Some help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by deadeyedick
my name is rodney and I can count to potato.

No MY name is rodney and I can count to potato.

Does the pit look like a TV repair man noob ?
Quote by deadeyedick
my name is rodney and I can count to potato.

???
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
I'm normally all for fixing things yourself - but in this case, I really don't think you should go poking around with your tv; shorting the flyback transformer...might be painful.

If you insist though: What brand/model, what do you mean specifically 'in the box', have you opened it up and checked the physical wiring?
I have not, I've just hooked up external speakers to see if it was the TV's speakers that was being wonky, but I don't think it is. I hooked up speakers to the audio output on my digital cable box and it was still cutting out. And for the record I have some sony LCD tv, not sure of the exact model.