Are they any good? Ive of course heard the usual stuff about Edge IIIs and stuff but the S series is a little expensive for most of em and they might be a little more than i need. I dont know if I really need a trem so i just figured id ask.
i have an RGA121 mahogany with maple capand love it. have a RG321mh and it is good for the bux too. trems are a hassle but some people need them, not me.
Quote by nolifeXD
Are they any good? Ive of course heard the usual stuff about Edge IIIs and stuff but the S series is a little expensive for most of em and they might be a little more than i need. I dont know if I really need a trem so i just figured id ask.

They're great.

The main problem with the mid range RGs is the Edge III and by getting a hardtail that problem is out of the way. I find the necks on these guitars well made and comfortable. The pickups are pretty nice, too.

You shouldn't expect a guitar that puts the Prestige range to shame, but they do have good value for money and eventually you can make minor mods like changing the tuners to make it even better.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
well, for my style, i dont use a trem so i bought a hardtail ibby. it's good and reliable. i love the neck on my guitar. pickups are not too bad buy expect they would get muddy.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
can you still get some decent cleans with them or is that not really something that the fixed RGs are focused on?
Quote by nolifeXD
can you still get some decent cleans with them or is that not really something that the fixed RGs are focused on?

It's mostly the amp you use that determines how nice the cleans will be, not the pickups.

What does help though is that you can split both humbuckers giving you a bit of a single coil snap, which is great for bright cleans.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
ok thanks. so i guess ill go try some of those out in a week or so. almost my bday =)