when u play it fast does it clang against the fret board?
im not sure if its my action or what but it does. sometimes when im not playing fast
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
You could raise the action like you said, if this is your second bass and the first one didnt do that check the action on that bass. You could be hitting the strings harder causing them to hit the fret board.

Raising your action should fix this.
I had the same problem with my Schecter 5 custom. I just stopped fretting the strings so hard and the clanging stopped.
i have a schecter 5 custom! wut u mean? and my previous bass had fairly high action. and this bridge cant go very high for sum reason. but i do like it lower, much easier to play.
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
I have a Diamond Series 4 string. When it was new it did have a sort of clangie metallic feel whenever I would play notes, before a set up and different strings. It is a matter of getting it adjusted and just breaking it in.
i was thinking new strings could help. but when i hit a note and hit the same note again like even in 8th notes it will clang against the fretboard
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Quote by scootlaundry
i have a schecter 5 custom! wut u mean? and my previous bass had fairly high action. and this bridge cant go very high for sum reason. but i do like it lower, much easier to play.

I also think that it's much easier to play with lower action. You want to play faster songs slowly and more gentle and gradually work your way up to full speed with no clanging. If the bass is new then it might take a while to get used to. Suddenly changing from high action to low isn't easy to pull off.
well. the bridge, does not go high at all! my low b is as high as it will go and it still does the clang. the only strings that clang are my B, E, and A my D and G are fine.
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
You could turn your low-mids/bass up to get a softer sound and turn the volume up to hide the clang. If you can't hear it through your amp then it's not really a problem.
yea i guess its just really annoying lol i just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem as me with shecters.
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Sadly, this problem kills any chance of me learning how to pop & slap on bass. When I attempt to learn all I get is a constant "clang" on my B string.
i know! i have yet to get far into slap. im kinda thinking bout geting a new 4 string once i get the money. maybe a fender jazz or something like that. but i only got 200 bucks now. lol i want a bass just for slap and a bass for 5 string songs and pretty much anything cuz shecter customs have like the best sound u can find. lol
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
If your budget's tight you might want to go with a Squier VM 70's Jazz bass. They're really cheap and reliable.
well i should be getting a job in the next few weeks. and once that happens. i'll be able to save up for this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Jazz-Bass?sku=516042&src=3SOSWXXA its not that expensive and its great quality. and ive had a squire before. well it was a squire strat. and i was not very happy with it lol. i might just goto a local music store and try out some basses. theres a shop near my house and they sell basses for like 300 bucks MAX haha so i might go there.
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
Honestly, the Vintage Modified Squiers are equal to if not better than today's standard MIM Jazz for about half the price. See if you can find both and compare as they are both amazing basses that'll last for a very long time.
well my friend has a peavey milestone 2 which he says is bacicly peaveys remake of a fender jazz. and it looks almost exactly the same. but idk he says he'll sell it for 150 bucks.
YOU GET A NEW GOD!!!!
The guitars suck(I own a Squier bullet) but the Vintage modified Squier basses are actually pretty good. You don't want a standard squier though, you want to look for avintage modified J-bass.
Peavey Milestones are great little basses,and the two J style pickups do give it a great slap sound, and it's dirt cheap, I got mine brand new for £105, so there we go,and it's never failed, except through my idiocy (going from a medium/heavy guage to a very very light gauge..lets just say Mr Truss Rod was not a happy bunny )
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
This is because of your technique. When you pluck, you are knocking the strings down into the fretboard. If you make sure you pluck horizontally to the fretboard it won't happen.

Sometimes, the clank is good. Steve Harris's technique makes it part of his tone, and slap and pop is orienated around making the strings bounce off the fretboard.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
This is because of your technique.

+1. getting a new bass will not make this problem go away, and since the VM jazz is entirely maple, the ultra-bright tone will actually bring out the clanking sound more.
I love the sound you call clang and clank. But that's just me. Try a diff. picking style. I have that on my Schecter Omen 4, and when I don't want clank I just pluck lighter. Of course I juse my fingers most of the time, do you use your fingers or a pick?
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~