If i got a ibanez with an edge 3 tremolo thing, but I didnt USE the whammy bar too much, no divebombs or whatever, woudl it not break and suck like everyone says it does? See, I just really like the looks of the RGs with edge 3s, but if its a pain anyways, ill just avoid and get a hardtail. input? thanks
block it off.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
naw just get hardtail like a 321 cause the trem will still give you problems beieve me i own one
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
I don't get why people complain so much. I have a edge 3 on one of my guitars, and its perfectly fine. It holds its own against my floyd rose guitars any day
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by frog_friend
I don't get why people complain so much. I have a edge 3 on one of my guitars, and its perfectly fine. It holds its own against my floyd rose guitars any day

How long have you had it?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by frog_friend

That's because everybody just jumps on the bandwagon without even ever trying one or they suck at setting up the trem.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by helsinki_vampir
That's because everybody just jumps on the bandwagon without even ever trying one or they suck at setting up the trem.

This.

They also get it as a first guitar, never set it up properly and then bitch and moan that it doesn't stay in tune.

Almost any LFR will stay in reasonable tune as long as you maintain it properly and aren't an idiot, assuming you didn't buy one of those Chinese JEM copies off Ebay.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
i had a ibanez rg350 about six months ago but it's trem just crapped out so i sold to the kid next door and got myself a s320 with a zr trem instead of getting another rg that had a rg.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Quote by thespian948
block it off.

um, i dont mean to be a noob, but I am a noob about locking tremolos, so what does it mean to "block it off"? i've seen it before around UG in response to fixing locking tremolos. thanks, and thanks for all the responses!
shove a wedge of hardwood (preferably tonewood) in between the trem block in the back and the body (both sides) or get a trem-ol-no and set it to fixed bridge mode.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
why buy a guitar with a locking trem if you're not going to use it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
better tuning stability? I think there's a fixed EDGE trem.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I've had an Edge III for about a year and a half and it started to crap about on me after about a year. Basically, I don't use the trem at all and when I restring I leave off the locking nuts at the top. For some reason, it stays in tune without them, but with them the tuning stability is screwed.

I don't have a clue why, all I know is that it works.
Quote by Dave_Mc
why buy a guitar with a locking trem if you're not going to use it?

The HSH configuration? The feel of the guitar?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
you can get hsh without a locking trem (e.g. godin). you can get a similar feel with an rg321 (fixed bridge)...

surely?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?