Page 1 of 2
They suck it's just mindless shredding!

Seriously though it's mind blowing how fast one of the guys plays just finger picking.
Paul Gilbert

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I think these guys were amazing, and I really enjoyed listening to this, but you said to find a metal shredder that's better, and I do believe Paul Gilbert is.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
ehh im not into that kind of stuff

good but ehh lol
your the kind of girl id take home to mum, if my mumma was dead.
im suprised no ones come in here screaming"MICHEAL ANGELO BATIO IS TEH BROOTALZ"
or the same for Buckethead & John 5, i personally think john 5 is better than those guys, but thats just me & what i listen to, i msure a fan of theirs, would find the opposite, but w/e
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Ugh, I loathe that trio.

Bireli Lagrene is superior.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI5P9REpiPM

It's not metal, but it's way better jazz than that wank trio.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
if i open that link and its Dragonforce i will hunt you down and stomp your nads

*clicks*

Edit: okay your safe
You are now blinking manually
Last edited by Keyphur at Aug 7, 2008,
Quote by ShredGod George
im suprised no ones come in here screaming"MICHEAL ANGELO BATIO IS TEH BROOTALZ"
or the same for Buckethead & John 5, i personally think john 5 is better than those guys, but thats just me & what i listen to, i msure a fan of theirs, would find the opposite, but w/e

Is it too late to scream it out?
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by NathanWolff
that's all a matter of opinion

True, but it's hard to dismiss Lagrene's musicianship. He has it all, chops, development, harmonic sensibilities, distinction, you name it.

IMO, that trio and especially Di Meola has no sense of direction or melodic development, which are crucial in jazz.

Edit: And I forgot to mention how stupid this thread is in the first place. Why are you so concerned with competing for speed? It's so pointless. Might as well go watch Nascar if you care so much.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 7, 2008,
Hmm... Shredding is all well and good, but it gets to a point where it becomes lifeless, mindless, soulless fretboard fapping.
Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Ugh, I loathe that trio.

Bireli Lagrene is superior.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI5P9REpiPM

It's not metal, but it's way better jazz than that wank trio.

wow you do really know much about that jazz "wank trio"

first of all, dimwit, it wasn't even jazz. 'twas flamenco.

secondly, keep your close-minded opinion to yourself...

comparing gypsy jazz to flamenco is such a smart thing.
My Spanish Hearts
dude even zakk wylde says paco de lucia has the **** of doom... need say no more....
"You take the blue pill , the story ends here, you wake up and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill you stay in wonderland and I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes."
- Morpheus

#3 of Tom Cruise Scares me club.
Quote by Benjibum
Hmm... Shredding is all well and good, but it gets to a point where it becomes lifeless, mindless, soulless fretboard fapping.

Exactly, nonetheless, the guy on the left does some insane finger picking
Quote by rx_eb

wow you do really know much about that jazz "wank trio"

first of all, dimwit, it wasn't even jazz. 'twas flamenco.

secondly, keep your close-minded opinion to yourself...

comparing gypsy jazz to flamenco is such a smart thing.

Hold off the name calling for second because:

1. They are a jazz trio. With the exception of De Lucia, the guitarists are prominent JAZZ musicians. They do play standard modern jazz. What they're playing in the video is not strictly flamenco. It's called fusion.

2. Sharing a negative sentiment is not the same thing as being close-minded. By your standards, I could accuse you of doing the same thing. By the way, there's no point in being open-minded to things you don't understand.

3. Stylistic difference doesn't matter in this context.

4. Twat.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 7, 2008,
I like some of Lucia and Miola's stuff. Gotta listen to it in context so if anyone screams "Malmsteen" I will kick your ****ing balls off.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
^Wear your e-cup.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Hold off the name calling for second because:

1. They are a jazz trio. With the exception of De Lucia, the guitarists are prominent JAZZ musicians. And they do play jazz.

2. Sharing a negative sentiment is not the same thing as being close-minded. By your standards, I could accuse you of doing the same thing. By the way, there's no point in being open-minded to things you don't understand.

3. Stylistic difference doesn't matter in this context.

4. Twat.

1. Yes they do play jazz but that song that you called jazz wank was in fact flamenco

2. You were flaming them by calling that wanking then drawing stupid comparision which was clearly based on your opinion. That sounds a lot like close-mindedness to me. Call me a hypocrite if you want to, I don't care, but I flamed you for being ignorant.

3. ....

4. I know you are. Glad you've realized.

Quote by Xiaoxi
True, but it's hard to dismiss Lagrene's musicianship. He has it all, chops, development, harmonic sensibilities, distinction, you name it.

IMO, that trio and especially Di Meola has no sense of direction or melodic development, which are crucial in jazz.

another sweeping generalization that evinces your lack of knowledge.

pick up an jazz fusion album of Al Di Meola and tell me he has "no sense of direction or melodic development" or lacks any of the feature above.

I mean what hell were you talking about? That was improvisation on flamenco chord changes and the song clearly has a melody

I am myself a big fan of both Biréli Lagrène and Django Reinhardt but comparing two different styles like that is apparently an inane thing to do (fyi, no one dismissed Lagrene's musicianship in this thread). I don't know why you even brought that up.

Sorry for being an ass. This is pretty much a meaningless argument.
My Spanish Hearts
Quote by rx_eb
1. Yes they do play jazz but that song that you called jazz wank was in fact flamenco
I refer to it as jazz wank because it's fusion jazz. Not to mention their approach is jazz.

2. You were flaming them by calling that wanking then drawing stupid comparision which was clearly based on your opinion. That sounds a lot like close-mindedness to me. Call me a hypocrite if you want to, I don't care, but I flamed you for being ignorant.
I guess you still don't get it. Of course it's based on my opinion. How could I factually prove that they're wank? That would be nice, but it's not going to happen. Learn the meaning of your criticizing vocabulary before you use it.

pick up an jazz fusion album of Al Di Meola and tell me he has "no sense of direction or melodic development" or lacks any of the feature above.

I mean what hell were you talking about? That was improvisation on flamenco chord changes and the song clearly has a melody.
If you think that's all there is to these two qualities, you need to "stop being so ignorant".

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by rx_eb

3. ....

4. I know you are. Glad you've realized.

I mean what hell were you talking about? That was improvisation on flamenco chord changes and the song clearly has a melody

I am myself a big fan of both Biréli Lagrène and Django Reinhardt but comparing two different styles like that is apparently an inane thing to do (fyi, no one dismissed Lagrene's musicianship in this thread). I don't know why you even brought that up.

Sorry for being an ass. This is pretty much a meaningless argument.

Django Reinhardt ftw!

I haven't looked up Bireli Lagrene i'll have to do so
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I haven't looked up Bireli Lagrene i'll have to do so

Lagrene does not really play gypsy styled jazz anymore. He is more on the side of modern/bop/fusion.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Lagrene does not really play gypsy styled jazz anymore. He is more on the side of modern/bop/fusion.

hmm, could you give me some titles of some of his older stuff then?
Quote by Guitarfreak777
hmm, could you give me some titles of some of his older stuff then?

You mean his gypsy days?

Um...

Here he is at age 13 playing pure gypsy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIZDi0vjJU8&feature=related

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Hells_Bell
o fuk u guise keerk hamet is wai bettr

exactly

...wait, hey!!!

wat bout SLASH 1111
My Spanish Hearts
lulz slash duznt shred u guyz!
John Petrucci however is better, no matter what you're into.

/thread
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
cool but if thats metal i'm better than jimi hendrix

(oh, he's dead, so i am) but that was DEFINATLY NOT metal!
Quote by rx_eb
exactly

...wait, hey!!!

wat bout SLASH 1111

Meek Thompshuns pretty zany

*listens to pulse of maggots solo*

Yowza thats priddy Rockin'

im sorry i took it way to far
HOly tits on a whale I have the same acoustic as the guy in the middle.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Page 1 of 2