I am on a lookout to buy a digital delay pedal and someone is selling both the BOSS DD-3 & DD-6 ( both used) , price difference is about 20%.

I am new to the world of effect pedals, so from what i understand, one of the main features of the DD-6 is that it has a TAP TEMPO function.

What does this mean?
it means that isntead of choosing a delay time such as 100ms, 200ms, 400ms ect.. you can tap the pedal twice, and the time difference is the delay time. Hope that helps

ie: you click the pedal one, and you click it again 1second later, the delay time will be one second
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
the DD-6 is a wicked pedal. the hold function changed the way i play guitar.
the above post kinda explains it but...here goes.
you hold the ped down untill the the green light (i think) flashes then you can set the tempo of the delays.
the reverse delay is also a cool setting.
Quote by sacamano79
it means that isntead of choosing a delay time such as 100ms, 200ms, 400ms ect.. you can tap the pedal twice, and the time difference is the delay time. Hope that helps

ie: you click the pedal one, and you click it again 1second later, the delay time will be one second

yep that pretty much sums it up, its a very handy feature when you don't want to sit there twiddling with knobs and just want to play!

Or you could go for the TC Nova delay pedal which is the one im looking at, its about 2x the price of the DD-6 (same price as the DD-20) but waaaaaaaaay better in terms of both features and sound!
Dean 255 Razorback Silver/Black Two-Tone - unbelievable!
ESP Viper-400
Fender DG-4CE Black Electric Acoustic
Peavey JSX Head - awesome!
Marshall 1960A 4x12" cab
Marshall MG30DFX - terrible but was my first amp...