Ok, i play in an experimental/psychedelic band and im finding that when i use my Big Muff my tone sounds a little too wide and unfocused. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a distortion unit with a more focused tone, but not any metal distortion pedals. Some one suggested the rat, but i have never played through one before. My setup currently is Strat>dunlop wah>mxr compresser>big muff>delay>Fender Pro Junior. Oh and no digital distortions please.
Last edited by djuta at Aug 7, 2008,
i think you're looking for some fuzz pedal

start your searches here:
Fuzzrite (used to be made by Mosrite but today i don't know)
Dunlop Fuzzface
^ He just said he had a big muff but doesnt like it.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
I think you have answered your own question mate. I'd get the Proco Rat 2 or the turbo version.
The RAT should be great for what you want, but keep your Big Muff also because a fuzz is pretty useful in that genre of music.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
^I always considered the rat as much of a fuzz/distortion as the Big Muff really. ...
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...