Okay, so I've got a Boss ME-50 Multiple effects pedal that I'm having an issue with.
I might have, possibly, probably, could've plugged in a power adaptor to it that wasn't the right one, and now, it doesn't work. Allow me to clarify. It turns on, and definately is receiving power, but, refuses to create any sound. The tuner on it still works tho, so I know the pedal is receiving and processing the signal. It's just that it's not creating any output. I figure it was when I plugged in the wrong adaptor, because before and whilst the 'wrong' adaptor was used, it played without a hitch. But now, nothing. SO, I need to know the best thing to do.

And please, no 'You're screwed' or any comments resembling that.
Quote by metaldud536
Yes. When the shield generator on Endor has been deactivated, Rogue Squadron is easily able to enter the Death Star II without repurcussions.

...And that's how menstruation works.
Did you check the compressor sustainer? Sometimes I find that's the problem, because the sustain might be on, and the level on it is zero. Maybe it's not even an electrical problem. Reset the expression pedal, too. In fact, you might want to try doing a factory reset, it's real easy if you've got the manual. Also, check all your connections, amp, guitar, it could be anything. Just... hopefully it's not your ME-50...
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Would help to know what adapter you plugged it into. If you plugged it into a lower voltage adapter than what the pedal needs, chances are that it wouldn't be the cause of the problem.

Things to check would be is it AC / DC (It'll have to be DC), the voltage output and the polarity (most pedal adapters are negative on the inside, positive on the outside). Also the output rating - this just needs to be higher than what the pedal requires.

Chances are, even if the polarity is wrong, it wouldn't necessarily cause the pedal to fry - though I'm no electronics expert so don't quote me on that I think some pedals have protection built in for that sort of thing...

If it turns out it was the adapter causing the problem, then something is probably fried and you'll have no choice other than taking it to boss or some other reputable repairer and see if its fixable.
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
Quote by DirtyMakik
do you have the specs of the transformer on the plug?

yes, and the 'wrong' plug has an output of -3.6 v compared to the right one, and is +300 mA...

about the factory reset; My understanding having read the manual is that it's strictly for the effect patches and tuning preferences. So I doubt I'd do anything to change the pedals staus (trying now though)
Quote by metaldud536
Yes. When the shield generator on Endor has been deactivated, Rogue Squadron is easily able to enter the Death Star II without repurcussions.

...And that's how menstruation works.
Those specs you mention are 2 different things. 3.6 is the output voltage of the transformer - this will probably be far less than what the pedal requires, so should be fine as long as its DC output - look on the transformer, it should say something like "output 3.6v DC".

That 300mA is just the amount of current the pedal requires, so the amount the transformer is able to supply needs to be BIGGER than 300mA, otherwise its gonna melt (and smoke ).
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
Quote by Maidenhell666
yes, and the 'wrong' plug has an output of -3.6 v compared to the right one, and is +300 mA...

Sorry, I read wrong... 300mA _should_ be enough to drive that pedal. So just check if the output on the transformer is AC or DC. If its 3.6v DC and that the polarity is correct then it should be OK - the pedal won't work with the transformer, but I don't think it will be damaged.
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
doh!, I see I read you wrong again Coffee only kicking in now.
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
make sure the master volumes on and stuff

trust me my friend does it like everytime