Title says it all.

Not for one string. When I have to switch immediately from tremolo picking one string to the next, to the next, to the next.

I've got the Almost Easy solo down but the last part is really getting me po'd because I simply can't tremelo pick from one string to the next fast. I run into the same problem when trying to play the riff for Scream.

Btw these are A7x songs if someone doesn't know.

Also I was trying to learn some stuff by Trivium but WTH...all the songs I tried require a 7 string guitar...jeez.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
I despise Trivium, but I will say that the majority of their stuff doesn't sound like it's tuned down any further than D. I believe they use Drop D or straight standard tuning most of the time. I remember reading they used a 7 string on a few songs on their last album, but that shouldn't be the case with the rest of the stuff.

As far as tremolo picking goes, play along to a metronome and try picking very slowly. Instead of tremolo picking, trying playing four 16th notes in place of the trem. picked note. The key to tremolo picking is accuracy, and the only way to build that is by playing slowly until you get it right.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Quote by Cafas
I despise Trivium, but I will say that the majority of their stuff doesn't sound like it's tuned down any further than D. I believe they use Drop D or straight standard tuning most of the time. I remember reading they used a 7 string on a few songs on their last album, but that shouldn't be the case with the rest of the stuff.

As far as tremolo picking goes, play along to a metronome and try picking very slowly. Instead of tremolo picking, trying playing four 16th notes in place of the trem. picked note. The key to tremolo picking is accuracy, and the only way to build that is by playing slowly until you get it right.

On Trivium: I just recently kind of got into Trivium. I've always known about them but never really listened to them before. Heard their new single Kirisute Gomen and I was blown away. Idk I like different kinds of music so this kind of filled in a gap for my musical needs lol. But yeah Drop D is awesome. My guitar is always tuned in drop D lol. I don't remember the last time I used standard.

On Tremolo picking: How long did it take you to get the hang of tremolo picking different strings fast?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Try running scales in thirds and fourths. It is really really fun, and it must double or triple the amount of string change compared to just economy picking up and down. START SLOW!
I have no idea how long it took me to develop it, I'm going on 6 years playing now and the early days are kind of a blur. My advice for tremolo picking can pretty much be extended to anything you're having trouble with, though. Just practice slowly and with a metronome. You can't play something perfectly fast until you can play it perfect slow. You basically should be trying to play fast with the exact same technique as when you play slow.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Quote by Cafas
I have no idea how long it took me to develop it, I'm going on 6 years playing now and the early days are kind of a blur. My advice for tremolo picking can pretty much be extended to anything you're having trouble with, though. Just practice slowly and with a metronome. You can't play something perfectly fast until you can play it perfect slow. You basically should be trying to play fast with the exact same technique as when you play slow.

I have no problem with actual tremolo picking. I picked that up in like the first month and that's probably the most comfortable thing I can do right now.

My problem is that I have issues transitioning from one string to the next while only tremolo picking. Which means I can't have my hand moving up and down the entire time for tremolo picking and transition from string to string.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon: