Im wanting to learn piano so that music theory will be much easier to understand, and also for the sake of learning another instrument other than guitar, plus songwriting will be easier.

Can you think of any famous guitarist who also play keyboards or piano?

I can think of, the three Beatles, Eddie Van Halen, all the guitarist from the Eagles except Bernie Leadon.
Jack white
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

I don't see how it would make it any easier. I mean you're learning the exact same stuff.
..is a girl
Quote by RPGoof
WAT
How about just send a ship at the speed up light directly to the sun, and the gravity will pull it towards the sun, thus speeding it over the speed of light.

Zakk Wylde, Frank Zappa (although frank mainly used the piano for songwriting, not performing.)
I know Tom petty plays well, but he usually doesn't, seeing as how he plays with benmont Tench, who's just great.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Quote by af_the_fragile
Trent Reznor
Matt Bellamy
Teppei Teranishi

DAMN YOU! my thoughts exactly
but dustin and ed both play too.
oh and riley plays on the dvd if we could only see us now
/thrice fanboyism

also jade from AFI plays, he does it for blaq audio. and AFI

but i think most guitarists probably do, i know i do, its almost a learning tool for me.
Last edited by aaron6890 at Aug 7, 2008,
Tony MacAlpine, Joe Satriani, Michael Romeo, The Edge, Buckethead, Dave Stewart (of The Eurythmics), and Matt Bellamy

EDIT:
Quote by Kaed15
I don't see how it would make it any easier. I mean you're learning the exact same stuff.

I find that a lot of aspects of music theory are easier to learn by visualizing a keyboard instead of a fretboard. I'm going over a book about chords and scales right now, and my piano training is proving extraordinarily useful.

EDIT AGAIN: I can't believe I forgot about The Beatles, Pete Townshend, and Arjen Lucassen. My shame is crushing my sense of self right now.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Aug 7, 2008,
John Frusciante.

He plays piano and synthesiser in some of his solo records.

Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie / The Postal Service)
rawr
The Edge
Myself

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Troy Van Leeuwin
Guy from Incubus, his last name slips my name but his first name is Mike (I always see his last name as Energizer haha)
Synyster Gates.

Jared Followill from Kings of Leon (bassist).
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
Quote by ordinary_story
Shawn Lane!, Tony MacAlpine.

I was goin to say those two!!!
but great minds think alike hey?
Eddie Van Halen is the only one I can think of, and he plays piano in many of their songs. Jump, Not Enough, Dreams, Love Walks In, Why Can't This Be Love, When It's Love, Right Now, Feels So Good, and probably a few more.
A lot. It's just a very useful tool if you know how to play the piano and guitar. Works for girls, songwriting, girls, riff making, and girls.

I can play both instruments.
Matthew Bellamy
Julian Casablancas
Nick Valensi
Thom Yorke
Johnny Greenwood
Quote by Flying Couch
Myself.

+1
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."