I have been offered a used (10 year old) Fender Super 60 Head + 2x12 cab with Celestions.

He said he was looking for 1200 but will let me have it for 800Au.

I will play before I buy, but can anyone here tell me some more about this amp, And whether I should buy it? I play rock, Metal, and will need on occasion a very grungy sound.
Quote by deadeyedick
spend it on Gorbonzo Beans, they'll never let ya down.

True, that.

On a more serious note, a 10year old amp isn't recommended. Try it out, and if you're happy with the sound you can get, well, go for it.

The guy shouldn't have any problem with you trying it out, playing for about an hour with it to get a good sound.
I was hoping to get someone who has played one. To see how it sounds before I get the guy to bring it in so I can play it.

Thanks, 10 years no good..hmm
What's wrong with buying 10 year old amps?(as long as they're maintained properly)
Quote by injected
What's wrong with buying 10 year old amps?(as long as they're maintained properly)

Exactly. My Classic 30 was made in 1997 (I think) and it still works perfectly. Nothing wrong with older amps.
yea and if you ever go looking for a marshall, don't get a JCM800 or even silver jubilee, get the JCM2000 b/c it's the most recent, and best.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
There's nothing wrong with buying a 10 year old amp.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I have no problem with it but my mother is freaking out and getting REALLY angry because she thinks i'm throwing my money away by spending $400 on a 10 year old head is the worst thing i could possible spend my money on

she would rather i get a peavey windsor for the same price, but with a 5 year warranty

No thanks
Quote by slash_rocks2005
yea and if you ever go looking for a marshall, don't get a JCM800 or even silver jubilee, get the JCM2000 b/c it's the most recent, and best.

Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by slash_rocks2005

LOL
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by slash_rocks2005

Show your mom this thread. Not sure if it's a great amp for metal tho, def try it out first.