Can anybody reccomend a good progressive song (preferably DT, BTBAM or Opeth) that I can learn on keyboard thats sort of intermediate advanced? Even if you play guitar, can you recommend a good song?
Some Rush perhaps?
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
oh and Erotomania by Dream Theater is good.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Dream Theater: Ytse Jam, Erotomania, The Glass Prison, The Dance of Eternity (especially the ragtime solo), Solitary Shell, Metropolis Part 1, Overture 1928, In The Name Of God, Forsaken, The Dark Eternal Night (maybe some of these are too hard?).
LTE: Almost everything has good keyboard parts, Acid Rain, Paradigm Shift and Universal Mind to name a few.

Also, listen to An Evening With John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess.
Quote by Mayano
Dream Theater: Ytse Jam, Erotomania, The Glass Prison, The Dance of Eternity (especially the ragtime solo), Solitary Shell, Metropolis Part 1, Overture 1928, In The Name Of God, Forsaken, The Dark Eternal Night (maybe some of these are too hard?).
LTE: Almost everything has good keyboard parts, Acid Rain, Paradigm Shift and Universal Mind to name a few.

Also, listen to An Evening With John Petrucci & Jordan Rudess.

lol he's asking for something intermediate and you recommend him IN THE NAME OF GOD? xD omfg that's like 5 notes per second solos at very least
erotomania by DT sounds pretty ok for intermediate, tho the guy is constantly changing samples, so that may be a bit buggy

you could too check jordan ruddess' solo work. it's very pleasant, and it's pretty much 100% keyboard based.
Quote by RCalisto
lol he's asking for something intermediate and you recommend him IN THE NAME OF GOD? xD omfg that's like 5 notes per second solos at very least
erotomania by DT sounds pretty ok for intermediate, tho the guy is constantly changing samples, so that may be a bit buggy

you could too check jordan ruddess' solo work. it's very pleasant, and it's pretty much 100% keyboard based.

Haha, he did say intermediate to advanced, and depending on what he considers intermediate to advanced to be, and how modest he is, that could be very good indeed. TS, what other Dt songs can you already play?
If you enjoy Opeth, try Silhouette, although it may be a bit too difficult. You could learn the end piano riff of Leper Affinity from Blackwater Park, it's easy as pie, and it's beautiful.
Those with closed minds bring on themselves nothing but limits.