Anyone downloaded the free trial yet? It's awesome. Wow at how good they got that tube sound on their software. Def kills the guitarport amp models! Yet it's 250 dollars which is a bit expensive. But if you go to peavey.com you can download a free demo that gives you most of the features it just won't let you save and plays a noise every once in a while so you couldn't record without purchasing it. But it does let you play with all the amps and get a feel for it. Amazing. Actually good enough for me to pay 250 dollars for using it with recordings. How about that JSX and 6505 are right on on there. Anyway just figured id ask if anyones bought it yet and letting people know about that free demo.
I've played the full version, It's kind of glitchy and a like Guitar Rig and Amplitube better.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I didn't notice any glitches in the demo. But I haven't got to play it much. I haven't played guitar rig. I've messed with amplitube and guitarport. The peavey seemed to sound closer to the real thing.
I downloaded the trial and somehow managed to get a crack for it. *ssh*

EDIT: Link for crack is dead. Do not message me for it at all.

But it's very good if you need/want to record with Peavey amps, but if you want other non-peavey models, Guitar Rig 3 reigns.

Although, I DO like using a 6505 with KT66 valves instead if 6l6.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Oct 21, 2009,
Quote by solidsnake15
where'd you get the crack!? send it to me!

Google "Peavey Revalver MK III crack".

It'll take a LONG time to find.

EDIT: Don't message me for the crack.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Okay thanks... I got it figured out. Thanks for saving me 250 bucks because i was actually going to buy it. lol Thats a bit steep for some software in my opinion. I know it cost them to get people to develop it but they are making huge profits on that. I mean if a video game company can sit there for 4 years making a game with 1000's of employees and it be a way more complicated thing than making music software and sell it for 60 bucks then you know... but then again they sell more than this kinda stuff.
Actually, the revalver is MUCH more complicated then a video game.
Trust me, writing a program to act like an amp can be very difficult - especially one like this.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Killer, I'm gonna check this out when I get home. Is it just an emulator or can you record with it?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Simsimius
Actually, the revalver is MUCH more complicated then a video game.
Trust me, writing a program to act like an amp can be very difficult - especially one like this.

No its not. A game like metal gear solid has composers doing a full sound track for it. They have every pixel in the game moving. Theres millions of things happening at one time. While writing a program like that is complicated I beg to differ. Todays video games are more complicated than replicating an amp.
Quote by solidsnake15
No its not. A game like metal gear solid has composers doing a full sound track for it. They have every pixel in the game moving. Theres millions of things happening at one time. While writing a program like that is complicated I beg to differ. Todays video games are more complicated than replicating an amp.

No. When making a game, you don't edit it pixel by pixel (unless it's pixel art), you use a computer to fill these spaces, putting a texture on a surface, etc.. When making a game on the programming side of things, you can use engines - and to be honest, MGS is relatively simple, and not really much different from other 3rd person games in terms of engine usage.
(And yeah, I am a HUGE MGS fan. I know every story line theory, voice actors, etc about MGS).

I can easily (and have) made a few nice games - graphics + programming - with relative ease. Video games are simple. The hardware makes this simple (but a computer is more powerful then most game consoles - a PS3 has 256mb of RAM. Modern computers have more, and they can have a better CPU and GPU).

Creating a program to replicate the workings of a tube amp is difficult. I have, and will, NEVER, be able to even begin creating a program such as this. With a game, you can easily tell the program to do things - it's just building "more and more blocks", putting more code in to work with other code - anything can be done by coding a bit at a time.
A modeling program isn't - the amount of algorithms needed is insane - being able to change every detail, such as the amount of gain or EQ, and see different results based on the saturation of a tube, ALL calculated with a CPU, is something no game company will be able to do.

This is why Revalver, Guitar Rig, Amplitube, etc., all cost more then games.
Plus, how many computer modellers are there? Maximum of 10 I reckon.
How many different game? Too many to even guess.

You have no idea about programming at all.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Aug 7, 2008,
Teach me programming i bet i can get something to sound like an amp over creating the metal gear solid saga. haha
Quote by solidsnake15
Teach me programming i bet i can get something to sound like an amp over creating the metal gear solid saga. haha

Trust me. MGS is indeed difficult, but so is amp simulation software.
I don't think you are able to comprehend what is needed for an amp sim, so I'll stop now.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by craig-sansum
has any one got a link for the crack?

You can message me if you want it...

EDIT: The link is dead. Messaging me won't get you the crack anymore.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
According to the user guide you can connect your guitar to your PC using a stomp box if you don't have a DI box. Anyone tried this?
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
I played around with Amplitude and Guitar Rig for about 6 hours each and wasn't too impressed at all. Gearbox and the new POD Farm were way better imo, just takes a while to get a good sound out of it.

Revalver on the other hand is awesome, you can change every little aspect of the amp which is cool as hell.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I had Amplitude for a few weeks and wasn't impressed at all. I get much better results with my PodXT than I was able to get from Amplitude. I still need to try the Pod Farm, maybe I'll look into that right now since I've got some free time.
Anyone wants to give me a link to the crack?
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Yeah. lets not crack revalver. try buying it. this thread could get pretty ugly if there is anymore cracking going around. also. peavey revalver needs better impulses. you can read up about that in RNR on the ultimate vst amp sim sticky, i use revalver all the time, it straight up ****ing rules. its amp sims are 100% on, if you can't get a good tone of out of it with some decent impulses, either
a. you have a bad interface or are going in line in on your comp (dumb)
b. you just suck
hopped in my time machine and it brought me here.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by CatharsisStudio
Yeah. lets not crack revalver. try buying it. this thread could get pretty ugly if there is anymore cracking going around. also. peavey revalver needs better impulses. you can read up about that in RNR on the ultimate vst amp sim sticky, i use revalver all the time, it straight up ****ing rules. its amp sims are 100% on, if you can't get a good tone of out of it with some decent impulses, either
a. you have a bad interface or are going in line in on your comp (dumb)
b. you just suck

I totally agree with everything you just said here. The tone is 100% awesomeness from the recorded music I've heard by people using it. The tube-amp immulation is like even better than any real tube amp, but maybe I'm just ignorant. Also people asking for cracks should be warned by the mods and that kind of sleazy stuff should not be allowed on this forum.

I've now seen that the peavey website is asking $299.99 for this program, but it is selling on ebay for $224 with free-shipping. Sweet! I'm so hocking my Krank Rev Jr (piece of shit) amp-head for this program.
Quote by CatharsisStudio
dude that guys revalver tone is so ****ing horribly.

you have to be kidding me.

why would you actually want tone like that?

The one in the link a a few posts of mine ago? I think it's better than any real tube-aumplifier in existance, show me better. The tone in your recordings is pretty terrible, btw. Krank Rev Jr's are pieces of garbage. They sound really, really, gay.

Please describe the tone that you hear :45 into the video in that link. First off it sounds like a very expensive high-gain tube amplifier, and then even better because any fuzz and noise has been removed, if you don't think those high-gain barks are beautiful, then we are two very different people.
Last edited by TheGuitarFumblr at Jan 16, 2010,
Quote by TheGuitarFumblr
The one in the link a a few posts of mine ago? I think it's better than any real tube-aumplifier in existance, show me better. The tone in your recordings is pretty terrible, btw. Krank Rev Jr's are pieces of garbage. They sound really, really, gay.

Please describe the tone that you hear :45 into the video in that link. First off it sounds like a very expensive high-gain tube amplifier, and then even better because any fuzz and noise has been removed, if you don't think those high-gain barks are beautiful, then we are two very different people.

Are you trolling?

It sounds like it could very well be digital, definitely not better than a real tube amp.

The links CatharsisStudio posted sound tons better and more real. Though he does have super awesome recordings.
Quote by Ignite
Are you trolling?

It sounds like it could very well be digital, definitely not better than a real tube amp.

The links CatharsisStudio posted sound tons better and more real. Though he does have super awesome recordings.

The recordings in the link are super awesome and not Catharsis's recordings, right?

Ya I'm pretty sure that was a troll. To me the distortion in his videos is just so weak, flabby, noisy, fuzzy, and doesn't pack near as much punch like the "supralightning" guy's recording in the link I posted. I have a Rev Jr and I really would like a better sound.
Last edited by TheGuitarFumblr at Jan 16, 2010,
Quote by CatharsisStudio
anything i post, i record. dude you can't be talking about that doom video. cause that is ****ing horrible tone, not to mention playing. there is zero clarity, and zero depth.

Lies, The Krank Rev Jr tone is fizzy, brittle, and flabby, the Revalver tone in the doom video is tight, crystal clear, and packs waaaayyy more bunch and far rounder tones than the Krank Rev Jr. imo. Revalver is far more brutal than the Krank Rev Jr could ever be.

I've still decided to spend abut $123 retubing my Krank Rev Jr instead of buying Revalver and an interface, fwiw. I'm going with 3 of the JJ-ECC83S preamp tubes, one balanced all 3 "gold-pin", should I get the gold-pins over the non-gold pin? Is gold-pin good for what I want? and 2 of the JJ-6L6GC matched power tubes. How does this sound? Will I see that much difference in the tone compared to the sovteks?
Last edited by TheGuitarFumblr at Jan 17, 2010,
Quote by TheGuitarFumblr
Lies, The Krank Rev Jr tone is fizzy, brittle, and flabby, the Revalver tone in the doom video is tight, crystal clear, and packs waaaayyy more bunch and far rounder tones than the Krank Rev Jr. imo. Revalver is far more brutal than the Krank Rev Jr could ever be.

I've still decided to spend abut $123 retubing my Krank Rev Jr instead of buying Revalver and an interface, fwiw. I'm going with 3 of the JJ-ECC83S preamp tubes, one balanced all 3 "gold-pin", should I get the gold-pins over the non-gold pin? Is gold-pin good for what I want? and 2 of the JJ-6L6GC matched power tubes. How does this sound? Will I see that much difference in the tone compared to the sovteks?

I think your ears might need new tubes, gold pin or otherwise. The video is horrible, and the Krank Rev Jr is capable of amazing tones.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Jan 17, 2010,