use at least .012's. Nanowebs are much brighter. Too bright for me. Polywebs are more balanced and have an even thicker coating that feels softer.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Alot of it depends on the music you play. As the above user stated, Nanoweb strings tend to be very bright. So if you play Alice In Chains and similar stuff, you may not want a bright sound. But if you play... Creedance or something, you would probably like it. And the gauge also depends on preference. There's no right or wrong, just personal preference. The best way to find out what's best for you is to try one type this time, then next time try the other.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

I have the guild gad-40c as well as a Yamaha FG730S, and I religiously use D'Addario EXP16s (light gauge) on both. It's really personal preference, tough.
For guages, yes it's personal preference. BUT... if you use strings that are too thin you'll play them out of tune really easily. lighter strings go out of tune more easily if you press too hard. thicker strings tend not to go as out of tune.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.