hello all, i need help basically i learnt master of puppets and i cant keep in time with cos its so damn fast what should i do?
play it slow then very gradually speed it up....it makes take a while but you get there

and if you're talking about the riff just cheat and alternate pick it
I hope you're using alternate picking when needed, which is a lot in this tune, at least for me it is. If you only strum one way, you will need to be insanely fast with your picking hand, well I mean it isn't the hardest thing on a guitar, but your hand will get tired as all hell. it is easier to adapt to strumming up/down or down/up depending on how the lick goes.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by seljer
play it slow then very gradually speed it up....it makes take a while but you get there

and if you're talking about the riff just cheat and alternate pick it

this is the best way I believe
nah i pic mostly down cos i got big strong hands ya see but i dont always alternate my picking.
im not going to slow its not about speed its about timing cos sometimes i go to fast for it
You do have to slow down to get the timing right. When you play fast, you tend to rush it, so just start slow, and then speed it up. Trust us on this one, it will work.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
yes but how would that help me pin point the exact timing ive been playing it slow for ages?
Quote by gooooog
yes but how would that help me pin point the exact timing ive been playing it slow for ages?

you gradually raise the tempo till you get the the master of puppets speed...
I just alternate pick all of it. Can't see the point in constant downstrokes to be honest.