Ok I know this has probably been posted but I ain't got fast internet, so sorry. Me and my buddy are wanting to learn a couple songs together we are both starting out about 2-3 months playing. So we need some songs that have a decent rythym and lead guitar. We play alot of metal and rock. But will take really anything.
it depends on how well you can play, but i would say fade to black by metallica has good leads and acoustic parts as well as distortion parts, cause u said you listen 2 metal and rock so i think it's a good start
most of the songs by either metallica or slayer ....
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
most of the songs by either metallica or slayer ....
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
Hurrah for double post!

Anyways, a good song for two guitarists is a song called "Start" by Depapepe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAvejpRYsQM

Also, a measure of how long you've been playing isn't that helpful. :P Those three months, you might have been intensely practicing or you may have been practicing 30 minutes a day, once a week.
dunno if u've heard of thin lizzy but they have got to have been the best 2 guitarist band in the entire world. They do amazing harmonies!
Not much on the metal side but,"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by The Beatles? its got George Harrison and Eric Clapton on guitars.I'm not realy sure about htis next one but "Layla" by Derek and the Dominoes/Clapton?,Alot of Guns N Roses songs are goo d too.
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]