Page 1 of 3
So, to begin this , 2 weeks ago me and 2 friends caught bronchitis, i had it quite ill, and i thought maybe my doctor can give me some prescriptions, yesterday i went there, she said "Bronchitis is a definate but it shall leave soon , you may have pneumonia though from the bronchitis " And she sent me to get an x - ray.

Today i went to the doctor again , and she called the x ray place, and they said that i have an strange oval formation at the top of my left lung, it can be from pneumonia, and my doctor put me on antibiotics for 2 weeks, after the 2 weeks are up ill get another x ray and see if they did anything, and i have to go to some lung treatment center in 3 weeks.. , i cant go to the huge festival with all my friends with 1000 teens, and i feel weak and powerless, against this formation... , im depressed and angry.

So pretty much the best option is that the thing is from pneumonia or just an passing cyst, but the worst is a tumor and cancer...

I turned 16 on june 25, i just had it going with this one girl.. , my dad only knows about it , im scared and i feel like glass thats about to be broken , if anyone of you has had something similar happen or know about this thing, or may know a fix, diagnosis , or can give me links to sites that would help i would greatly appreciate it.
So i guess that im updating this thread every day , it rattles inside me , you probably dont know me , but still, if anyone has any info that can help..

EDIT : IM FINE READ PAGE 6
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
Last edited by Lagrance at Aug 21, 2008,
Potential cancer, huh? :whistles: That's pretty heavy.

Try not to get dejected. It hasn't been shown to be cancer yet, has it? At the moment, I don't think there is much to do except wait.

As for your festival... well... shit happens.
All I'd say is: If it is cancer it seems likely that it's been caught very early and thus is probably treatable and it's probably not cancer. Doctors aren't paid to make you happy they're paid to treat you, so if it was more likely it was cancer I think they would have said and not wasted time with other treatments.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
man, that does not sound good at all, i'm sorry that i can't help u but, i wish you the best, and you'll be just fine, trust me
If these are my last weeks, i even dunno how to live them ,every day like its my last?

Its visible a bit from the outside tho, like a bump ,the doctor pressed on it and now it like rattles inside and sounds like pop rocks, like its dissolving :S makes me cough up lots of phlegm.
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
a friend of mine got cancer in one of the bones in his leg when he was 16, he's now 18 and after chemo and lots of bone transfering stuff they decided to amputate his foot as there was not much that could be done for it. Very sad he lost it but he's now very healthy and still can get around, will also be getting one of those awesome carbon fibre running foot thing soon
but yeah it's amazing what they can sort out, you just have to wait it out.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
You probably don't have cancer, don't worry. But in the slight chance that you do...

Go out and do anything and everything that you've always wanted to do. Don't let this opportunity pass, this is your chance to do anything. But again, sorry to hear
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Cancer isnt a death sentence mate, and it may not be cancer anyway. Hope for the best
Quote by legiondairy
Do it for teh lulz.

And get laid before it's too late.

Seriously, sorry to hear that

Omg, I hope the pit is like this in real life too.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
It's probably not cancer, and even if it is as it was caught early it's highly treatable.
Most people who get cancer survive it.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Go enjoy life. You never know. Hell you could get hit by a bus tomorrow!

Go get out there!

I know it's gonna feel like a massive bummer not being able to go. But Work with what you got.

good luck man x
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Try to stay optimistic, especially since you arent sure if its cancer yet.

My friend has cancer and he's only 17. He goes through bouts of feeling ****ty then fine but its not going to kill him. These days its not uncommon to live fine with some rather intense illnesses.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Guys above me are right.

All you have to do is wait and see what happens. I know it sounds pretty bad but be glad that if by any chance, which i hope not, it is a tumor it was detected at a very early stage which makes it easier to treat. Also, not all tumors are cancerous, and even if they are they can be on a dormant state and won't expand. They can be treated. And even if it is a bad tumor it's possible that it can be gotten rid of. You'll have to do checkups constantly (at least every year) just to prevent it from reoccurring. Even if it does it may take 10 years or more for it to come out again.

Sorry for what you're going through man... i hope everything works out fine. I don't mean to scare you with what i said... just trying to make sure that you're informed on some of the important stuff regarding these situations.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Aug 7, 2008,
I'm really sorry to hear that man. I'm 16 myself, and we have a long road available ahead of us. Hopefully it's just a small scare and nothing big.

By the way, I also read in some article that people with "man of steel" mentality recover faster than most other people, so try and keep manning it out. Man of steel *thumbs up*.
Quote by Lagrance

Its visible a bit from the outside tho, like a bump ,the doctor pressed on it and now it like rattles inside and sounds like pop rocks, like its dissolving :S makes me cough up lots of phlegm.

that could be a good thing...
but seriously...i feel for you...
Thank you guys, you are all supportive , i do guess im gonna go with the every day is my last and man of steel approach, the thing is i hate hospitals ( who doesnt ) but what is the difference between benignant and malignant cancer and what do they mean, english is not my first language.
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
I wonder if you'll get the Grundy treatment.
And Benign means it's not bad, and Malignant means it is.
Last edited by Orbit91 at Aug 7, 2008,
Quote by Lagrance
Thank you guys, you are all supportive , i do guess im gonna go with the every day is my last and man of steel approach, the thing is i hate hospitals ( who doesnt ) but what is the difference between benignant and malignant cancer and what do they mean, english is not my first language.

Benign means that it's not cancer and it can't spread around your body, ie a cyst etc.
it probably is benign as most are.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Lagrance

Benign means that it is basically harmless. Malignant means that it is damaging in some way.
I have bronchitis right now dude, I've had it for nearly a week, and it's not really getting any better. We're almost in the same boat. I'm on prescription medicine though, amoxycillin or something I believe it's called.
A U S S I E
Quote by Lagrance

Benign tumors don't expand through the body nor grow bigger. In a way they're "just there" doing nothing and don't really affect u at all. Malignant ones are the bad ones since they can grow or even expand to other parts.

Hoping for the best.

Someone in my year (16+) missed all his exams because he has a cancer in his throat. Pretty weird thinking about it.
Originally Posted by Kensai
Thx keine_lust, I probably would've missed the chili's if it wasn't for you

SCARECROW of UG's Gotham City
oh , its called good willed and bad willed in my language.

It is really hard and my dad looks so worried.. ive never seen him like this.
Quote by roast
Cool, thanks Lagrance.

Randall Rx15
Ibanez Rg321Mh
Musima 25K Deluxe
Zoom 505 II
UG will once again use all its epic strengh to help pwn cancer
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
On the bright side, if it is cancer they probably caught it early and it hasn't spread yet.
Still, sorry to hear of this news.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
i wish you all the best TS,
i had a friend who recently passed away from cancer, he was only 17.
the key is to always be positive, you have to believe you can beat the disease.
you're young, so i don't think it could be cancer, its probably a benign tumor.
hang in there!
You just don't know that for sure. Live normal and don't think about it. I wish it's not cancer.
dont start listening to my chemical romance!

no srsly dude sorry to hear that if it really is cancer....keep on the joy of living! 16 year olds dont die of cancer man! you gonna make it
Well, "benign" can still be harmful, especially if it's in a bad spot. For instance, if it was pushing up against one of your organs.
Too cool for a signature.
sorry to hear this, but I think you'll be fine. At least I hope so...I'm no doctor, but cancer at that age is quite rare. Best of luck to you friend!
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
not to give you false hopes but my uncle had bronchitis a while back and a sac formed in his lungs but it was just fluid build up... so it could be that... look on the bright side... you have 2 lungs... you can live with 1... best thing tho if it turns out bad is not to give up... if a doctor tells you something bad or cant treat you or whatever it may be find another... theres someone out their with a solution... hell if you need some help in finding information or whatever lemme know ill be glad to help... best of luck man
Quote by Lagrance
oh , its called good willed and bad willed in my language.

It is really hard and my dad looks so worried.. ive never seen him like this.

I understand.

But like we've said, it's not always as bad as it sounds. My uncle had skin cancer some couple of years ago. Fortunately for him it was detected soon and it wasn't spreading so the spot on his skin (near the nose i think it was) was removed easily. He hasn't had a problem since then.

Also one of my mom's friend's daughter had cancer. She was treated and it disappeared for close to 10 years i think. Unfortunately it came back last year or so. But still, she spent a long time without it.

My best friend's mom had a cyst on an ovary i think. It was detected and taken care of with surgery. Now (4 years since then i believe) she had an exam and it came up that apparently she had another one again. She had more tests done and it seems like it's not cancer though...

The likelihood is that it is NOT cancer, so don't put your life on hold (unless for medical reasons) until you know for sure what it is.
Sorry to hear that man.. I wish you all the luck!
WOOOWWW , DUDE........... NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!
Quote by GuitarManDan15
UG will once again use all its epic strengh to help pwn cancer

Sorry dude, I can't say anything nobody else hasn't already said.

Hope for the best.

~Louis
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Keep Going mate! Think positive, like everybody else had also said already^^ Keep on doing what you love! And laugh at the cyst (or whatever), once youve found out, that it isn't cancer! All the best!
Last edited by jjaw at Aug 7, 2008,
I really think your looking at the worst case scenario, but get well soon anyway.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
you'll be fine
i had the pneumonia too
the only thing thats sucks about that whole thing
is that your gonna be missing out on a festival