So I've been searching for a new amp the last couple of days. Before I starting asking for opinions on this board, I was going to get a Spider III 75watt.

However, based on your suggests, I went and tried out the Roland Cube, Traynor, and Vox Valvetronix.

I wasn't very impressed with the Roland, and the Traynor was alright. But the Vox was awesome. I bought an AD50VT, took it home, and played it side by side with my old spider III 30watt.

WOW. What a difference! I never did like all aspects of the Spider III, but I used to think the distortion channel sounded alright. I was wrong!! The Vox has so much more tone! Sounds much better.

Totally happy with my purchase. Thanks for your advice people. I can say with a decent amount of certainty that I likely wouldn't have bought (or perhaps even tried) a Vox if it wasn't for your suggestions.

Cheers UG,

Matt
Party on my son, party on.

And thank Jesus/Moses/Mohammed that you didn't buy a Spider!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yeah the Vox would pwn all those other ones. You made the right choice.
Quote by Lil Macker
Party on my son, party on.

I lol'd

Yeah, Valvetronix amps rock... I'm jealous of you!

Which brings me to my next point... can I borrow $400?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Quote by philipp122
I lol'd

Yeah, Valvetronix amps rock... I'm jealous of you!

Which brings me to my next point... can I borrow $400?

If you pay me back $800
It was the same for me when I upgaded to a Valvestate from my little fender frontman: just that much tone improvement. Of course, I want a tube amp now, but thats not the point...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Lil Macker

You left out Sponge Bob
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Quote by Epiphany521
good job that you tried out all the amps rather than just basing your opinion on UG's

Yeah, that's what I should have done before I bought the Spider III 30 I had
Quote by oneblackened
It was the same for me when I upgaded to a Valvestate from my little fender frontman: just that much tone improvement. Of course, I want a tube amp now, but thats not the point...

Valveking...

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by camotehead
good guitar + vox amp = sweet sound

Playin an PRS SE Custom. Got to say, I'm liking the sound the pair is producing.