Somebody help me

I usually get paid by cash but tomorrow im going to receive a paycheque for the first time.

Ive never cashed a cheque, what do I do with it and how soon afterwards do i receive the money? (im hoping its instant as i have things to do after work) cheers!
I've been here since '04.

take it to a bank, tell them to give you money (but not while wearing a balaclava)
usually a paycheque is a blanket term. is it gonig straightto your bank, or is it actually a cheque. cheques genually take 3 days to clear - but you would eb ebtter to check withyour bank.
If you take it to the bank I think it takes time to clear...haven't used one for years though so it might have changed
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by slann101
usually a paycheque is a blanket term. is it gonig straightto your bank, or is it actually a cheque. cheques genually take 3 days to clear - but you would eb ebtter to check withyour bank.

its an actual cheque

argh i cant be doing with waiting 3 days lol
I've been here since '04.

Quote by seljer
take it to a bank, tell them to give you money (but not while wearing a balaclava)

Lol^^ How about taking it to yxour bank and then going to an otherbank and telling them to give you moiney (wearing a blaclava) - then it won't matter if you have to wait with the first bank
in the US payroll checks don't need to clear, you can cash them the same day, and you can cash them at grocery stores usually. if it's a personal check it depends on the bank, no clue how it works in the UK though.

actually if you take it to the bank it was issued from and cash it there, they should be able to clear it on the spot. But once again that's how it works here, UK could be different.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm