If so, do you find that you get down-rated a lot? Or do people love you? Because whenever I post covers on YouTube I get insulted but when people on UG crit me, it's usually good criticism and they're not rated too badly.

Also, would any of you know how to get a good recording tone out of a camcorder?

(Yes, I'm feeling a bit inadequate because all of my covers on YouTube are rated badly.)
ive put afew covers up !! bt dont worri!! people on utube tink theyre great !!nd most of them r dickheads neway so dont worri !! jus keep rockin !!!!
could use some better production value

record seperately with a mic then use video editing program to mix the audio into the vid
Quote by seljer
could use some better production value

record seperately with a mic then use video editing program to mix the audio into the vid

I don't own any microphones, but do you get down-rated a lot on YouTube?
Nope, I get mad reviews lolololo.

If you're covering a band that a lot of dickheads like, then yeah, of course you're gonna get rated lower. There's always people just out to hate.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Quote by mooshoepork
Nope, I get mad reviews lolololo.

If you're covering a band that a lot of dickheads like, then yeah, of course you're gonna get rated lower. There's always people just out to hate.

I cover Paul Gilbert stuff on YouTube and all I get are reviews like "****ing lame" and "you suck" and a 1 star rating

When I listen to my own covers, the tone's not so good (has to do with my house, sounds alot better in real life) and there are a few mistakes here and there but personally I don't think that anyone should be rated "Poor" for a few mistakes, so I'm starting to think that I really have a bad ear for playing and mistakes and such.
You could always stop making video's of you in your bedroom with a webcam, and start a band and gig. Way more fun, and way less pathetic.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
You could always stop making video's of you in your bedroom with a webcam, and start a band and gig. Way more fun, and way less pathetic.

I was asking a question and did not ask or want your insults, what's the point of going out to GIG if I can't even please internet users? Won't I only get booed off stage if I can't even make a 4 star rating on YouTube?
Quote by XianXiuHong
I was asking a question and did not ask or want your insults, what's the point of going out to GIG if I can't even please internet users? Won't I only get booed off stage if I can't even make a 4 star rating on YouTube?

I'm sincerely sorry about the insult.
The only thing i have to say about this is that it seems like there is a friggin unhealthy 'competition' going on on youtube with young guitarists trying to prove themselves to eachother.
That is NOT what playing guitar is all about.
Sure alot of people will bash you on youtube. There is always a jerk@ss looking at your video who will post bad comments on it, wether he was impressed or not. There are alot of jerks on the internet, who are pleased if they can make somebody feel bad about himself.
Playing guitar is NOT about pleasing other people by making a showoff video, asking to be insulted. Playing guitar is ALL about making music, together with other people, AND HAVE A GOOD TIME DOING SO.

Thats how i think about it, and thats why i might insulted you in my earlier post.
Dont let the internet noobs get to you. Play the guitar, and give everybody your middlefinger who thinks that they can take away the joy of playing.

EDIT: you know that im right...
EDIT2: I had a quick listen to your covers on your profile. For what i've heard, its far from bad. Really. There are couple of things you can change which will make your playing sound WAY better than it does now:
- use half or 2/3 of the gain you use now
- Put less bass in, more mid
- buy a metronome, some parts are ritmically wrong. Start practicing slowly, and build up the tempo with your metronome.

The first two tips will make your sound less muddy, less noisy, and overall better
The last tip will make you play all of the covers on your page A FRIGGIN LOT BETTER as it already is within a month, if you practice each day for 30-60 mins.

I promiss you.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Aug 7, 2008,
I watched some of your videos, they are not perfect, but you certainly look like you can play. Maybe do multiple takes until they are all perfect, as opposed to churning out loads and loads of average videos?

If you really want to please people, play some popular (easy) songs. But 90% of Youtube users are dicks anyway - do you really feel the need to please them?