So ive recently got a new guitar with an fr. How badly will i mess it up if i attempt to tune it down to drop d? Its set at standard tuning atm. :/

Thanks, from a noob :P
D-Tuna only works right if your guitar is masterfully set up or your get a d#ish sound, make sure you have an FRO not a FRL
Gettin rid of me RR3 =(
You wont mess it up, but it does take a long time to tune/down-tune a floyd rose.

Requires adjust of the screws holding the springs from the floyd to the body.

Looks up a guide on youtube.

Will take u a good half hour.
it shouldn't really mess it up. I have an Ibanez Xiphos with a floyd rose and i get back and forth from standard to drop d pretty easy

just don't try d standard or drop c, that could cause problems
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Thanks guys. I guess i should just get a slave guitar or something, it'd be a bit easier. Unless i can tune down and then just use a capo to bring it back up again?
+1 for the D Tuna
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by cheez1492
it shouldn't really mess it up. I have an Ibanez Xiphos with a floyd rose and i get back and forth from standard to drop d pretty easy

just don't try d standard or drop c, that could cause problems

I've tuned my guitar to drop c multiple times... no problems... Just had to loosen the spring tension in the back.

You can't go back and forth from drop d to standard tuning on these floating trems... unless you want to deal with your notes on all of your other strings going sharp. You can solve this my getting yourself a tremol-no. which just puts your FR in either dive only or no action at all...

Be careful with the D-Tuna though... If you have a Licensed FR then you probably can't use it. Just check and see if your fine tuners are angled. If they are... it won't work. Same as mine... If they aren't angled you're good to go... you will still need a tremol-no or similar to prevent the other notes from going sharp though.

Hope this helps...
you should be fine just tuning the bottom string to D it hardly affects the system at all
D-tuna won't work in most guitars nowadays as they are recessed trems, which require routing. If it is not recessed, you're fine, but you still not to block it to dive only. At that point, you could just swap between the two without a D-tuna just using the fine tuner. A Tremol-No is another option, as you can return the guitar to full floating at anytime.
ive got an ibanez with a floyd rose and i tune from standard down to D and its fine
as he said ^^
that tiny bit of tension loss makes little-no difference
its when u start tuning down further and changing string gauges is where u get problems
oh yeah, it doesn't have a floating tremelo though, its just got a floyd rose and precision tuners at the bridge for some reason
What about the reverse?

My SV is in Drop C, and sometimes I just want to put it in D Standard.

And is it possible to raise it to Drop C#? Or even lower it to C# Standard?
Quote by Delanoir
C# Standard?

C#-standard FTW!

err.... carry on
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball