Page 1 of 2
Hello,

In the following series I will be holding a number of debates. Feel free to join in and give your views and opinions. This debate will be on exotic pets.

Do any of you keep exotic pets? If so what do you keep?

What are your thoughts on keeping exotic pets? Do you think that they should be kept in their natural habitat or are do you own one and think they make good pets and can be demosticated. Do you think they can only be beautiful in their habitat and not confined to a box or are they your new best friend?

Let's begin debate number one.
I don't own exotic pets, but I believe that it is cruel to take them out of their natural environment for the sake of making them pets. However, if certain events unfold which force them out of their natural environment then as long as they are treated well by their owners I believe they could make fine pets.

I want a lion.
I've got some asian kids in my basement if that's what you mean.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by blynd_snyper
I want a lion.

I don't know about lions, but I'm pretty sure there are several kinds of big cat that have been domesticated.
Quote by blynd_snyper
I don't own exotic pets, but I believe that it is cruel to take them out of their natural environment for the sake of making them pets. However, if certain events unfold which force them out of their natural environment then as long as they are treated well by their owners I believe they could make fine pets.

I want a lion.

but can lions really be beautiful outside the wild? Would it be safe to keep lions? Would pet owners know how to treat lions correctly?
Quote by Kensai

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again....

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
Quote by blynd_snyper
He said exotic, not erotic. Leave your sex slaves out of this.

Why can't it be both exotic and erotic?

Quote by MulanoSG
It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again....

That would cost me a fortune in lotion!
Quote by denizenz
Can we debate the idea of hosting a series of debate threads instead, because I think that idea sucks.

then there's no need for you to take part in any debates you dont want to
Quote by Kensai

I keep a cat that was once feral, i think that's hard enough. And any tropical fish i try and look after die...
Quote by denizenz
Nobody gives a shit. If you're going o start a debate thread, do it on a hot topic.

If you dont give a **** go away and don't debate. I don't go into threads i don't want to or don't give a **** about
Quote by Hypnotisation

I keep a cat that was once feral, i think that's hard enough. And any tropical fish i try and look after die...

perhaps you need to read up about your pets before you begin to keep them. Did you get enjoyment from your fish?
Quote by denizenz
I have a complex. I simply can't stay out of shitty threads.

What are you trying to prove? If you don't like it go away. I'm not making you debate, it's for anyone who does. Just leave the thead alone if you're going to be like this
It's not really a debate anyway. debate encourages the expression of different view, this is just asking what you own
Quote by muddywaters51
What are you trying to prove? If you don't like it go away. I'm not making you debate, it's for anyone who does. Just leave the thead alone if you're going to be like this

I think at this point, if I leave the thread it will die. Either way you lose really.
Quote by JackalUK
It's not really a debate anyway. debate encourages the expression of different view, this is just asking what you own

Quote by muddywaters51

What are your thoughts on keeping exotic pets? Do you think that they should be kept in their natural habitat or are do you own one and think they make good pets and can be demosticated. Do you think they can only be beautiful in their habitat and not confined to a box or are they your new best friend?

Let's begin debate number one.

I asked for what you thought
anyway.

If the animal has been demosticated i suppose it would be okay. however some people do not knwo the best way to keep the pet or the best conditions to keep it in and therefore it could creat an unhappy animal
Quote by the fendernator
I used to own a corn snake but since the exotic pet food shop closed down it starved to death. lol

Quote by the fendernator
I used to own a corn snake but since the exotic pet food shop closed down it starved to death. lol

was there no other way of feeding it?
I think that all wild animals should be kept wild and we keep domesticated animal as pets. I also think you should use a spell check program.
Quote by JackalUK
I think that all wild animals should be kept wild and we keep domesticated animal as pets. I also think you should use a spell check program.

Define domesticated. I think that's a pretty contradictory viewpoint.
I keep six snakes.

Four Cornsnakes

One Western Hognose

One Black Kingsnake

Edit:

Quote by the fendernator

I hate you now.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by denizenz
Define domesticated. I think that's a pretty contradictory viewpoint.

All animals that will fetch the newspaper in the morning
Quote by JackalUK
Pretty much, as long as they don't run off with the funnies

Then you'll want to stay away from the raccoons.
Quote by muddywaters51
was there no other way of feeding it?

no so i took it to the rspca and they said contact the exotic pets guy... who didnt care. so i set it loose in the garden to find its own food but my mum found it dead a week afterwards. i did give it a proper burial... im not a savage, lol, i just couldnt feed a corn snake.
Quote by muddywaters51
do you know how to keep it well?

Yes I keep them well, good quality water, good filtration, plants, quality food, etc.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

What's up with the Asian joke?It's pretty insulting to me.

Honestly,I think it's fine to keep exotic pets.I used to keep tarantulas and lizards. Just remember to read a lot of caresheet and prepare to spend some time with them (Except tarantulas and certain animals).
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I don't think anyone anywhere should be using pets as some sort of erotic turn on, its sick and unnatural.

Seriously, If they are nice ppl why not.
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Page 1 of 2