Will this(Ibanez AC109) adapter work for my Bad Monkey pedal? I'm not too good with these kind of things, and i don't want to tear up my pedal.

Thanks.
O O

___
I believe the voltage and polarity should be the same, and the mA output of the adapter should be the same or larger than the requirement of the pedal. Don't quote me on that

I'd suggest comparing the details of the Ibanez adapter to that of the official Digitech one.
Quote by subopolois
you lazy cheap bastard

Gear:
ESP LTD M-50
Marshall G80RCD
Boss ME-50
Ernie Ball STHB

Kill Crazy of the Red Dwarf Smeg Heads!
The digitech adapter is 300mA, same as the ibanez.... so i've got that covered.

But the thing that worries me, is the digitech is 9.6V, and the ibanez is 9V, but i can't find ANY other 9.6Vs for a reasonable price. But, the other day, i thought, "Wouldn't a 9V adapter work, considering is uses a 9V battery?"
O O

___
If the Bad monkey one is 9.6v and the adapter is 9.0v then you'll be fine. just dont go OVER the voltage or you're screwed.
Okay, thank you.

Just curious.... what WOULD happen if i went over?
O O

___
I use a 1 spot with the bad monkey... hooks up like 5 pedals with one plug. I think it ran me about 30 bucks i dont remember.
If you went over the voltage rating, the transistor would be fried, or something of that extent. I learned that the hard way.

I had a pair of $5 computer speakers, no big deal. I fished around for an adapter with the same size barrel connector, but i didnt know anything about voltages/ratings at the time. I plugged it in, turned it on, and i smelled smoke coming from it..

not good..
Quote by injected
If you went over the voltage rating, the transistor would be fried, or something of that extent. I learned that the hard way.

I had a pair of $5 computer speakers, no big deal. I fished around for an adapter with the same size barrel connector, but i didnt know anything about voltages/ratings at the time. I plugged it in, turned it on, and i smelled smoke coming from it..

not good..

Wow.... well, at least you didn't do that with a almost $200 pedal.... i'd be so mad if that happened.

That's why i'm posting this thread, i'm kinda nervous, even though the pedal's $50, and i got it for free .... $50 is a lot of money when you don't have a job, haha.
O O

___
^You could probably go to a radioshack and use a nondescript one with the same ratings, too.

For my multieffects pedal, I don't have the original adapter. I looked in my box of cables and bought one with the same ratings, 9v, same size. But, the mA rating was 200 and the pedal needed about 280. So, it tells me the batteries are low even if im not using any. Works fine though
yeah, i looked at radioshack, but they're like $20.

...so i went to MF

and @ injected, i heard if you go to low on the mA, it'll fry your pedal... hm... i guess you didn't go TOO low, and i guess it's still supplying enough power.... that's weird.

Well, thanks guys for your help.
O O

___