Hi. This is my first post ever on a music forum.

I would like to know what kind of guitar does Player's Peter Beckett play in this 1977 video...Baby Come Back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fUadzVa0fc

Beckett is the lead singer.

I would also like to know where to purchase a guitar of this type of good quality. I would also like to learn to play this song on the guitar in instrumental form (no singing).

Thank You All.
Last edited by Starsky5000 at Aug 7, 2008,
I believe that's a Gibson ES-335. If you haven't started playing yet, then get an Epiphone Dot. It's basically the same guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yep Gibson ES-335. I don't know that you need such a good(and expensive-around $2000) instrument right off the bat. Epiphone Dots are good to look into and so are Ibanez Artcore series.

Check out Musiciansfriend.com or Guitar Center.

About the song in instrumental form, haha I have no idea. That's probably something you'll have to figure out yourself.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
it's your choice. In my opinion, semi-hollow bodied guitars aren't great for most people. I myself went with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, but I don't really like semihollow bodied guitars.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Can you give me a direct link to exactly what guitar(s) I should purchase:

Thank You.