I was reading about the new Prophesy line by Epiphone in guitar world this month and they seem like pretty cool guitars.... I perfer the futura fx myslef and im thinking about purchasing one..... the only thing that im pissed about is that it is epiphone... i mean name doesnt matter....but it does in a way.....

so what do you guys think about them?
anyone ever play one?
I've heard nothing but good things about them. Also, the Epiphone name doesn't matter. They make some quality guitars.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The EM2-FX seems the most interesting to me. I might get one for fun.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I'm also curious about the Futura's. EMG 81/85's and an ORIGINAL Floyd + Mahogany body? Can't go wring there!
I played the Les Paul. It felt kind of awkward with 24 frets. The top ones were hard to reach. But it was very solidly built, if a bit heavy. I think the Futura should be pretty good, even though I find it looks really ugly, it's got great features, and Epiphone can be very good quality.