A friend of mine and me are trying to write some songs, no lyrics, just some guitar duets, he has an acoustic and I have an electric guitar. I was trying to write but all I got was a bunch of chords with simple progressions for him and some basic arpeggios for me, I was basing it off Em scale, but I might have been thinking too much about theory, anyways does anyone have any suggestions on writing songs like that (just two dudes with guitar, no lyrics) any help would be greatly appreciated
have the acoustic strum chords, or play a riff, then electric either play the riff a third up or strum the chords or improv until somethin sounds cool
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
im in one of those too, so what ive done so far is ill have a song that you can comfterbly play alone and get the guy with the electric and start adding some leads to grab some atention to the song and once you do that you can pretty much figure it out from there =]
Last edited by -tempest- at Aug 7, 2008,
Not to rain on your parade, or anything,
but this is the wrong place for this.
you'll get many more responses in the Electric/Acoustic guitar forums, or maybe the theory section (if there is one, I can't say I look around much).
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by Snowblind 911
Not to rain on your parade, or anything,
but this is the wrong place for this.
you'll get many more responses in the Electric/Acoustic guitar forums, or maybe the theory section (if there is one, I can't say I look around much).
there is, its called MT. Sadly, MT gets more unrelated threads than the pit .

Also T/S, Theory isnt a set of rules. Theory is a set of guidlines, or a set of terminology to describe music.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.