Ok, when i play using finger picking i tend to naturally want to play a note with my middle finger instead of the index finger, if i add the ring finger its still the same pattern aswell so it'll go

M -> I (repeat)

or

M -> I -> R (repeat)

is this gonna end up being a problem? or does it really matter? However, i only really feel like i'm doing something wrong when i see tab where the tabber has put what finger to play the note under it.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
I do that to. I play down beats with my middle finger and up beats with my index. When I do triplets I start with my ring finger then go to the middle finger.
if you practise hard & long enough, you might be able to get faster playing than people who just use index & middle finger
John Myung is my inspiration to use my ring finger as well, but im finding it a bit difficult =\
cool, i heard that practicing with the ring finger will help you with speed later on so i started at it

thanks for the info guys
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."