Aug 7th

2007, a judge warned Pete Doherty that he could face jail or a community order over drugs offences. In July, the 28-year-old Babyshambles frontman pleaded guilty to driving illegally while in possession of crack cocaine, heroin, ketamine and cannabis.

2002, three members of Oasis were injured when the taxi they were travelling in was involved in a crash during a US tour in Indianapolis. Noel Gallagher, Andy Bell and Jay Darlington were all taken to hospital and treated for cuts and bruises.

1997, Garth Brooks played to the largest crowd ever in New York's Central Park. An estimated 1 million people attended the live concert with an additional 14.6 million viewing live on HBO.

1983, appearing at The Lyceum in London, England, former Magazine frontman Howard Devoto. The support band was The Smiths.

1976, UK music weekly Melody Maker gave The Sex Pistols their first front cover.

1969, during a North American tour Led Zeppelin appeared at the Berkeley Community Theatre, California.

1957, The Quarry Men played at the Cavern Club in Liverpool, (without Paul McCartney who was away at Boy Scout summer camp). The Cavern was still a jazz club, but skiffle was tolerated, but when John Lennon dared to play ‘Hound Dog’ and ‘Blue Suede Shoes’, the club owner sent a note to the stage saying, "Cut out the bloody rock!"

More at http://www.thisdayinmusic.com
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Who the f--k is Garth Brooks?

Some washed up old fart.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
haha i almost feel like hijacking this thread... to make it not so pointless.. should i though is the question..?
(its on topic not spam lol)
Quote by Zugunruhe
"sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will violate me sexually."
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Who the f--k is Garth Brooks?

some emo country star

Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.