ok i had my high school orientation today... and they messed up and now when they assign me classes, i might not be in the ones i signed up for like honors bio, honors english, etc. chances are the classes are open and i can go but im soo worried.. please help
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
Last edited by thisismyacc at Aug 7, 2008,
Quote by thisismyacc
ok i had my high school orientation today... and they messed up and now when they assign me classes, i might not be in the ones i signed up for like hornos bio, hornos english, etc. chances are the classes are open and i can go but im soo worried.. please help

Proof you shouldn't be in those classes anyway.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
Proof you shouldn't be in those classes anyway.

god it was a typo why do you have to be such a douche bag i just need some help
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
You signed up for honours English and cant spell honours, or create a structured sentence? You don't deserve to be in it.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
on the first day of school tell em to fix it. they messed up mine (put me in regular PE instead of track), so i have to go get it fixed first day of school.
-Christian?
Quote by Slone
You signed up for honours English and cant spell honours, or create a structured sentence? You don't deserve to be in it.

yeah you got some great spelling too.
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by Felgate
go to your counceler and straighten it out.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

haha you must mean "honours"

I don't think you want to be in hornos english.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Talk to a guidance counselor? What the hell is the pit going to do about your schedule?
Quote by thisismyacc

Name calling isn't the best way to get people to help you
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Can no one on UG spell honors?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Gunpowder
Name calling isn't the best way to get people to help you

ok im sorry but im pretty down right now, so help please
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by Felgate
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It's honours, dammit. Fair enough, it's honors in the US, but not in the UK

Oh crap, I grew up in New Zealand, I never knew I was using the american form o.o
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by thisismyacc
yes, yes you do.

waaaa, waaaa, waaaa, i have a problem.
waaaa, waaaa, waaaa, somebody help meeeeeeee!
waaaa, waaaa, waaaa, i won't bother to give any meaningful details.
waaaa, waaaa, waaaa, just help meeeeeeee!

the Pit is not your mama. go whine to her instead.
or post something worthy of a discussion.

"... the choice is yours."
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
yes, yes you do.

waaaa, waaaa, waaaa, i have a problem.
waaaa, waaaa, waaaa, somebody help meeeeeeee!
waaaa, waaaa, waaaa, i won't bother to give any meaningful details.
waaaa, waaaa, waaaa, just help meeeeeeee!

the Pit is not your mama. go whine to her instead.
or post something worthy of a discussion.

"... the choice is yours."

you see this is why the world is a cruel place, because theres people like you to make fun of others when they just need some advise or something to lift their spirts up, so just go home
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by Felgate
Quote by thisismyacc
you see this is why the world is a cruel place, because theres people like you to make fun of others when they just need some advise or something to lift their spirts up, so just go home

But what if he's posting from home?

The only place you're going to get a reliable correct answer from is your place of education.
Quote by thisismyacc

sorry but hahahaha
Quote by Deliriumbassist
But what if he's posting from home?

The only place you're going to get a reliable correct answer from is your place of education.

Haha, i just posted here because i KNOW for a FACT that there are some very intelligent people here on ug
Quote by HomerHitter

Quote by Felgate
Quote by thisismyacc
*ugh* the world is a cruel place because we've all grown tired of little wankers whining when things don't go just as they expect and have absolutely no clue about taking charge of their own lives.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
*ugh* the world is a cruel place because we've all grown tired of little wankers whining when things don't go just as they expect and have absolutely no clue about taking charge of their own lives.

+56735435
Quote by thisismyacc

AWWWWW I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER. OMG I FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU. DONT WORRY WE'LL PULL THROUGH THIS TOGETHER

is that what you wanted?
Well, 1st off, I assume you have a set period of time in which you can drop/add classes. In my high school (I'm now in college), it was 2 weeks at the beginnin of each semester. So, you have plenty of time prolly in which to correct this situation.

Anyway, here's my suggestion. Talk to your parent(s)/guardian(s). Tell them bout your concerns and how you wanna be in such and such a class. I'd suggest that you make a list of the classes you're currently assigned and then a list of the classes you want to be in. Include on both lists the available times, the teachers who teach the classes, and wat room each class is in. By the way, if you have a class schedule for the classes you're currently assigned, then you already got 1 list; you'd jus need to make the 1 for the classes want to be in.

Then, after you show them all that info, discuss with em which classes are most feasible. For example, maybe you have to take physical education (cuz it's required you take so many semesters of that in most schools). It's offered, at say, 8AM, 10AM, and 2PM. (I know the times are really when they are, but jus roll with it for the sake of the example. Ok?) And you wanna take Honors English you said. Well, let's say that's offered at 9AM, 10AM, and 2PM. So, decide which time you wanna take Honors English and which time you wanna take Physical Education.
I know that there are prolly other classes and activities that you need to take cuz either there are required or you desire to take em (like you also mentioned Honors Bio). But jus go thru that 2nd list (that I suggested you make) and compare it to the list of classes you're currently assigned. ::type

Now, keep in mind that you might not get every single class you wanna be in. Unfortunately, we don't always get exactly wat we want to the 'nth' degree. (Sorry, I'm an Engineering student; we use math terms too often.) That's ok. Sometimes, you have to compromise a lil to make sure you fulfill all the credits for graduation. And chances are you can take a version of the same course next year. Granted, it might be for 11th grade, not say 10th grade. (I've no idea wat grade you're in, so I'm jus usin those 2 grades as an example.) But if you get good nough grades in watever class you have to be in, then your school will prolly have no problem with you takin (again, for example) 11th Grade Honors English, assumin you got 'A's (or 90% and better, in case you don't live in the USA and have no idea wat our gradin system is like). So, don't sweat it, man.

You'll find a way to get a schedule that makes you, at the very least, content and, most likely, happy. So, jus relax and be calm bout it. If you go bout correctin this in a responsible manner and get your parents and whoever helps assign classes in your school (prolly the Main Office or a Counselor), then you'll get mostly wat you want. I wish you good luck and hope you get the classes you want.

Edit: Sorry for the long post, everyone. Jus tryin to make sure I cover all the bases in helpin thisismyacc. Tyvm for bearin with me.
Last edited by rocklikeafool at Aug 7, 2008,
Step 1) Prove to us you ****in' deserve honors/honours English and Biology
Step 2) We help
Step 3) ???
Step 4) PROFIT!!!

>.> Just go talk to your counseler about it. WTF are we supposed to do?
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by BlackandSilver
>.> Just go talk to your counseler about it. WTF are we supposed to do?

Maybe give advice......maybe that's wat thisismyacc posted this for. I think, btw, that you don't have to be rude bout it. You can disagree, but that's your opinion and this is mine.
Quote by thisismyacc

i lol'd

but seriously you sound like a whiny wuss, and you better quit toughen up by the time school starts or your gonna be initiated everyday for the rest of your life
My school signed me up for french 3.....Last year i took spanish 1
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I love how people post ridiculous threads like these and expect us all to understand and care. Hey kid, guess what, you've encountered a problem in life, sort it out, do you honestly expect us to know the protocol for improperly assigned classes in your school? Oh wait, we do. OK, first you go and speak to the dean of admissions, Peter Smith, he'll then give you the 1182B form, which you have to fill out in triplicate, after that you have to speak to the head of each of the subjects you're taking. Now, the head of biology is Dr. Anetta Jones, she studied at Harvard, and the head of English is Mr. Benjamin Rodgers, I believe he studied in Oxbridge. Next, after speaking to them and handing in your forms, they should be able to get you into the classes, however, if you're late you may have to take a quick multiple choice test in each subject to make sure you're good enough for the honours classes. The answers for English are BBDACBDDADCCBAB, the answers for biology are DCBACCDBAAABCD. You should then be allowed into your classes.

Seriously, just speak with some of the staff, they'll probably be kind enough to help you.
All you have to do is get your mom to bitch at the office there to change your schedule, if they say they cant say then im pulling my child out of school. They immediately give in after that.

Thats all you have to do to get your schedule changed.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by rocklikeafool
Maybe give advice......maybe that's wat thisismyacc posted this for. I think, btw, that you don't have to be rude bout it. You can disagree, but that's your opinion and this is mine.

He's been given advise - he should talk to some member of staff at his school about it.
What practical help can we possibly offer?
Quote by thisismyacc
Haha, i just posted here because i KNOW for a FACT that there are some very intelligent people here on ug

And I am a very intelligent person. How could we possibly know the procedures of your school in relation to what to do if you don't get accepted to the classes you want to? Knowing the answer to that isn't about intelligence, it's about knowledge of procedures of your school.