Hi,
Okay so... i am planning to buy a tremol-no soon and I was watching the demonstration video of it being installed. The guy mentioned that the sping claw must be perpendicular to the body for it to work properly, but my spring claw is at an angle when the springs are adjusted to make the floyd rose base parallel to the body of the guitar.
The springs are set up like this
http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/tech/angle/knife_edge4.jpg

the difference is that my spring claw is angled. I tried placing the springs in different hooks but i cant find the right combination to make the sping claw perpendicular.
Also the tremol-no requires a free spring slot.

When i got my guitar i think my springs were set up like this http://www.guitarattack.com/repair/springs.jpg

I cant remember if the spring claw was perpendicular or not back then but i cant use that setup because the springs will be blocking the tremolno from getting in.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
then by all means change where the springs are so it will fit.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
the tremol-no can be lengthened and shortened.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
^are you suggesting that i should just place the springs normally and not have the bridge parallel in order to insert the tremolno?

Quote by oneblackened
then by all means change where the springs are so it will fit.

When I did the spring had to use the slot the tremol-no is meant to fit in.

I just want to know why my spring claw is ending up at an angle unlike everyone elses?

EDIT: Problem solved, got bridge parallel and spring claw perpendicular, i was doing something wrong before.
Last edited by Mr.Kvx10 at Aug 7, 2008,