Well my best friend Nathan's band was having a practice yesterday, and i was bored so i came over to watch, listen, observe. They're all very talented, but i have to say their lead guitarist.... his rhythms are kinda... awful. Their rhythm guitarist though is very skilled at what he does. Me and him got to playing, and we did a Jefferson airplane montage for like 2 straight hours. Surprisingly it helped improved the lead guitarists rhythm, (since i played more lead i guess). But when we were talking we got to the subject of how songs like White Rabbit, And Somebody to Love have some very unique rhythm styles! Sure my bands done covers of both, and i played them pretty much exactly as recorded, but i never really took the time to stop and admire that uniqueness. Does anyone else know what i'm talking about?
That's sweet! White Rabbit was one of the first songs I learned on bass.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I don't see how this belongs in this forum either, but it's always good to see love for the Airplane - the first of many bands I would grow to love.

Did you know that White Rabbit has been scientifically proven to contain higher levels of awesome than any other bit of recorded music?

FACT.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/