Ok, so I've been into '80s hardcore for a while now and I'm really getting back into it again after a break from it. I've tried to keep an open mind about new hardcore, but I just can't seem to find any bands I like. All the new hardcore bands I've listened to are either tough guy hardcore or have way too much metal influence for my taste. That said, I do love some melodic hardcore that's coming out, but other than that I can't get into new hardcore. So any suggestions without too much metal influence?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
have heart, comeback kid?
Tyler and I

"When I found the guitar, I refused to take lessons. This was my real emotional release, and I didn't want to be taught how to approach the instrument."
- Eddie Van Halen
Have Heart are pretty good, the rest of the bands aren't really my thing. I don't know, I don't want to sound all on my high horse here, but there's just something about '80s hardcore that new hardcore doesn't seem to have. I'll keep trying, but most new hardcore bands I listen to I just can't get into. However, this is one new hardcore band I could get into http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-UQnIaEmpo, so I guess I'll just keep trying your suggestions.
There's a rec thread stickied, but:

Annihilation Time
Ambitions
Bane
Blacklisted
Bracewar
The Carrier
Ceremony
Cold World
Comeback Kid
The First Step
Give Up the Ghost
Good Clean Fun
Guns Up!
H2O
Have Heart
Hostage Calm
Killing the Dream
Life Long Tragedy
Miles Away
Modern Life is War
Paint it Black
Ruiner
Shipwreck
Stand to Reason
Trapped Under Ice
Trash Talk
Verse
Wake Up Call
With Honor

I was bored and went through my iTunes
Sorry about ignoring the whole rec list thing, I didn't see it. Manos, I'll check out your suggestions.
Quote by Cameronrobson
look through all the unsigned bands on myspace

Unsigned =/= good.

Usually the opposite.
coming to terms with an inevitable death.
Sorry dude but there's a recommendation thread for things like this. There's a big list there and if not ask in there and everyone will be more than happy to help you out.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)