Hey,
For the guitar I'm building I'm putting a walnut top on it, and I plan on doing a sunburst finish. Will the amber color in the middle be able to color the wood since it's kinda dark?
Sorry if that sounds stupid, I'm just making sure I can do it. haha
Thanks!
Quote by LP Addict
it wont look very good. sunbursts work best on light woods, that will just look all around dark and splotchy.

Ah.. Well any recommendations for what color the guitar should be?
Quote by LP Addict
uhh.

i would leave it natural, walnuts the most beautiful wood ive ever seen.

I'll consider that. Thanks.
I've seen some dark woods that look awesome with transparent colors over them, its just something thats hard to get right. I always liked trans black on walnut myself, and I once saw a guitar that had a claro walnut top that was trans black/red and looked absolutly stunning.

But walnut looks awesome on its own too.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Quote by C/ruel
I've seen some dark woods that look awesome with transparent colors over them, its just something thats hard to get right. I always liked trans black on walnut myself, and I once saw a guitar that had a claro walnut top that was trans black/red and looked absolutly stunning.

But walnut looks awesome on its own too.

Could you possibly pull up a picture of what your talking about?
I really want to do a burst, but I want to show off the Walnut too.
Here's the piece of walnut I got. It's a lot lighter than I remembered..
I just want to give everyone the heads up, if a burst would work on this, I'm doing it.
I love natural finishes, just not on the guitar I'm building right now.

Quote by theskyline
Here's the piece of walnut I got. It's a lot lighter than I remembered..
I just want to give everyone the heads up, if a burst would work on this, I'm doing it.
I love natural finishes, just not on the guitar I'm building right now.

Anyone? Is this wood light enough?
Quote by LP Addict
doubt it, what i would do is stain it a little bit darker, then spray black on around the edges.

Thanks man, I'll probably end up doing something like that.