Hey guys

Ever fancied yourself as a Froosh-fanboi? What about a Slashay? Are you a Vedd-head?

Well, look no further - here's your chance to shine!

The premise of this is simple - you record an mp3 of you playing in the style of your favourite modern rock artist (be it any of the above or others) and upload it to your UG profile! From there you, the MR legends (you make this forum what it is and can be in the future), vote on who has captured the essence of the particular artist and we announce a winner!

You'll have until midway through September to get your entry together. Once you've uploaded it, post the link in this thread and I'll edit it into the first post for ease of use. After the deadline, a final 10 will be selected, by you, to enter the final where you will have the chance to record a new mp3 or, alternatively, use your initial one. The winner will be decided by a private poll.

Mmmkay, rules time:

Rules

1. Each submission will be a maximum of 1 minute long;
2. Only one submission is allowed per user;
3. You cannot submit a cover - the submission is to be in the style of (no one likes a slavish copy). However, you are allowed to play over a chord progression of your chosen artist (for example, you can play in the style of John Frusciante over the chord progression of Scar Tissue or any Chilis/Frusciante solo song, you just cannot play the solo);
4. You can use whatever effects you wish;
5. There are no limits to the production techniques you can use to make your entry great;
6. There are no limits to the number of users who chose a particular artist. Thus, there can be multiple Kurt Cobain submissions.

Just remember guys, this is all a bit of fun. So let's enter into this in the spirit of things and start us on the way to being the best community on UG!

Terms and Conditions apply.
Maximum of one minute? Damn, I could've already entered
Quote by vintage x metal
idk if my vagina can handle all of this at once.

Quote by hazzmatazz
It's a good time too stop when you start ejaculating air, right?

Quote by frankv
I've been raping my left hand
Got three potential choices for meself:

Predictable Frusciante
Omar Rodriguez Lopez
Christian Datsun.

I'll decide later
Hmm, I might do this. I'll probably do Froosh, but you never know.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Sign me up for Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, I'll cut a bit out of an existing piece.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
By the way: Is it OK if it's kind of satyrical?

Because I have an idea for Eddie Vedder, but it's kind of joke-y.
The.
Yeah, that'd be great!

Bonus points for humour!
I might do Matt Bellamy. Are we including bass, vocals, drums, piano, etc.? Or is it just guitar?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
You can include whatever you want - if you're a one man band, fire away!

I hope to upload a joke Omar Rodriguez one over the next couple of days as an example.
Quote by cagnius
Yeah, that'd be great!

Bonus points for humour!

Well in that case, sign me up for J Mascis!

If I can record my big muff.
Quote by cagnius
You can include whatever you want - if you're a one man band, fire away!

I hope to upload a joke Omar Rodriguez one over the next couple of days as an example.

Can we use the drumbeat to an existing song by said artist but record the other instruments ourself? Because that would make it easier for me.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Can we use the drumbeat to an existing song by said artist but record the other instruments ourself? Because that would make it easier for me.

Sure thing - batter in!
Thanks. I'll be using hydrogen to do the drums, so if I don't have to make it up myself, that should be easier.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Alright, I'm officially entering now! I put up "Experimentation (MR Contest Version)" up in my profile. Froosh style - has the layering, backwards guitar, etc, etc.

Is this enough for entering or do I have to sign my name in blood now?
Quote by vintage x metal
idk if my vagina can handle all of this at once.

Quote by hazzmatazz
It's a good time too stop when you start ejaculating air, right?

Quote by frankv
I've been raping my left hand
...This really didn't take off the way I hoped it would
I just don't care enough about this site to actually do anything to contribute to it.

/kills all CC hopes.
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
I just don't care enough about this site to actually do anything to contribute to it.

/kills all CC hopes.

Nice Paul...nice.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN

/kills all CC hopes.

I already killed mine a while back.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN

/kills all CC hopes.

...What was necessary about that?
I intended to, but I never got round to it...

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by cagnius

Nothing.

But honestly, I was gonna do one. But with me starting school tomorrow...well...the odds of me doing one go down more.

I'm sorry, guys.
The.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Nothing.

But honestly, I was gonna do one. But with me starting school tomorrow...well...the odds of me doing one go down more.

I'm sorry, guys.

I start school on Wednesday. So, I probably wont do one either. =/
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Nothing.

I'm sorry, guys.

This.

But I really did intend to do one. I was thinking about doing a Muse one AND a QOTSA one. But I've been busy as of late (yesterday was the first time I had a day at home in ages and I felt really lethargic) and I go into Sixth Form tomorrow, so I'll have some work changes to adapt to. =/

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Well, I've been struggling with ideas, and the fact that I'm a lazy shit doesn't help either. Plus I've had to catch up on some schoolwork over the summer and I've ended up leaving it last minute. I may have a little time over the weekend to do a quick one.

Its kind of shame this hasn't really been all that big...
Quote by cagnius

Pointing out he has CC hopes
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Yeah, props definitely go to Cag (or whoever else thought of it ) It was really a great idea...we're just too lazy to truely bring it through.
The.