I came home today, and was told that my guitar had somehow "fallen over" while in its stand, and landed flat on the floor. Yeah, nice, eh?

There's a crack in the neck that I'm not sure if it's a big deal or not. It's still in tune, and stays in tune; the neck doesn't wobble, and the headstock is still firmly attached, but I'm attaching a picture to get some feedback on this.

Does it look like a cosmetic crack in the finish, or could it be something more serious?

Thanks, ya'll.
Attachments:
Crack01.jpg
the way it cracked is kinda fishy...if it was just the finish it wouldnt crack in that shape

i think maybe you need to get it looked at.
course it could be nothing and u re just getting worried over nothing...who the hell throught it down anyway?
No one wants to admit to what happened to it - "It must've been the wind" is a common story I've been hearing.

I think I'll take your advice and take it to a tech in the morning.

Thanks . . . .
Yeah, bring it to a tech. the way that is, it looks like it cracked on the scarf joint that the headstock is joined to the neck with.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I think oneblackened is right. Take it to a techie.

And slap everyone who was in the house at the time...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Thats were the two piece neck is and it probably separated from the other piece and needs to be repaired sorry.
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
yeah like worse comes to worst that the crack is all the way through u ll need to have the techie do some serious glueing but it shouldnt kill ur wallet. refinishing it to look good will be hard....

and yeah like i d start breaking stuff in the house that belongs to other people then walk around and be like "its the wind its the wind mwahhahhahahaha"

good luck tho!!! i d be crying dude...
Okay, the tech told me that I have to wait for it to finish breaking all the way through before I can actually do anything about it.

So, I loaned the guitar to my drummer for the week. That should expedite the process a bit.

Quote by Freunleven
Okay, the tech told me that I have to wait for it to finish breaking all the way through before I can actually do anything about it.

So, I loaned the guitar to my drummer for the week. That should expedite the process a bit.

Drummers play drum, you know... :p
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R