Hello

This is part 2 of the debate series.

Debate 2's topic is about the treatment of natives and in paticular the abororiginies and native americans. Discuss your views on the treatment of native people in paticular countries. Do you think they should be treated better or given more respect? Or do they get the right amount of respect.

BEGIN THE DEBATE
No, I think they should be treated poorly

Srsly, is this the 18th century?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
No, I think they should be treated poorly

Srsly, is this the 18th century?

the questions is ARE they being treated correctly. And no this is the 21st century
Last edited by muddywaters51 at Aug 7, 2008,
i think they deserve a lot more respect, infact, more than the majority of us white middleclass people.
Quote by paranoideyes
i think they deserve a lot more respect, infact, more than the majority of us white middleclass people.

Afterall they were there first. Is it right for people to just push them to one side? They can be seen as a valuable part of history
Dont even get me started....
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by muddywaters51
the questions is ARE they being treated correctly. And no this is the 21st century

Ah yes, thanks for clearing that up, boyo. I was confused about the current century.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by muddywaters51

yes , we try to help them get 'em educated but all they do is smoke weed, drink beer and sometimes suicide cause their holy spirit dumped 'em !!!
On one hand, it promotes segregation and effects people who were not directly affected by the misdeeds of the past. Some benefit and others take the blame. It is technically unfair and contradicts equality among people.

On the other hand, I understand things like affirmative action make attempts to correct past discriminations and any indirect repercussions that certain people may have suffered as a result of the past.