The most overlooked old-school DM album ever? Possibly. Most people know Sentenced as being a gothic/doom band, but they released an absolute belter of an album in 1992, Shadows of The Past. Easily recommended for fans of early Paradise Lost, Entombed, Grave etc.

Any fans here?
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
hmm, i thought i had all the sentenced albums. i think they're not bad
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Pretty_Much
Cheesy name

Protested the Hero's name is exactly like every other 100000000 -core bands.

Sentenced, are amazing, as well.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I've got Amok, The Cold White Light, Crimson, Frozen, and The Funeral Album. I'm leaning a bit more towards their gothic days, but their death metal **** is good too.
Quote by Pretty_Much
Cheesy name

lawl.

Yeah Ive never cared for much of their modern stuff, but Shadows of The Past and North From Here are quality.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Sentenced are good, been listening to them for like 5 years or something, one of the first metal bands I liked
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Great to see Sentenced get some recognition here. Never cared that much for Shadows Of The Past but North From Here really is a beast of an album.
I like their transistion stuff from DM to gothik the most it still had some of the rawness, last album was pretty boring
Listening to the demos right now, that came with a reissue. Quality, quality death metal.

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf1PPfrGmdQ
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested