OK guys, 2 questions on this one, because theres only one review on the upgraded version; even though it's a glowing review, I thought i should ask:
1) Sound good? I play quite a few different styles, and I know j basses are versatile, thats why i chose one =D
2) Which colour? Willing to swap out a pickguard to get it lookin' awesome =D
Cheers
My favorite color scheme on a J bass is black on black. I've never played one, so I'm going to leave that up to someone who has.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Quote by jamierulesworld
OK guys, 2 questions on this one, because theres only one review on the upgraded version; even though it's a glowing review, I thought i should ask:
1) Sound good? I play quite a few different styles, and I know j basses are versatile, thats why i chose one =D
2) Which colour? Willing to swap out a pickguard to get it lookin' awesome =D
Cheers

1. the highway one sounds very nice. but then, i love jazz basses.

2. i'd go for that sexy marroon/wine color they have with the white pick gaurd.
Too cool for a signature.
check the link in my sig for a sound clip of a highway one jazz,
they are really comforatble to play and sound great. relaly great buy.
I personally like a blue or black body, and a white pickguard.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Highway 1's are a very safe investment, you get a very nice sound for a very nice price. As for colour, a white or black bass with a tortise shell pickguard gets me every time.
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
I love J-basses. The tone is great, you can never go wrong with a jazz, and as far as I know the Highway 1 is a good bass.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
1. Yes it sounds good. Very Good.

2. With Jazzes I've always liked white with a tort pickguard. Or maybe sunburst with a white pickguard. Both are very classy.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Aug 8, 2008,
There a good bass i was going to buy one but got my fender deluxe active jazz bass in cherry sunburst for 50 euro more. Get the Wine red with white pickguard, great bass and good choice.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
The Highway One is very good, but if I were you I'd save up three-hundred more dollars and get a new American Standard.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
1 H1 j bass sound great, but i am pbassman myself so...
2 white bass with black pickguard looks awesome to my eyes
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400