Sorry if this is in the wrong place, please move it if so.

Basicly, I just downloaded the Amplitude 2 demo, and tryed it, and it sounded terrible, the guitar noise was full of clicks and crackling and all sorts. So I went back to the audio setup window, and not really knowing what I was doing, changed the Buffer Size. I noticed that if I set it at 2048 or higher, the sound quality improved considerably. However, it was delayed. Like I played a chord and then didn't hear it till like a second after. Obviously, I can't play with it like that.

I don't really know anything about sound cards and such, so please forgive me for being a noob at this.

All help appriciated, thanks in advance.
Last edited by Sean Duffy at Aug 7, 2008,
what's your recording interface like?

Sounds like you're clipping terribly
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Do you have any idea what you're doing?

How are you plugging your guitar into the computer.

As you increase the buffer size, yes, the quality improves, but the latency will also increase. If you are running directly into the computer, I suggest that you uninstall the software and consider a recording interface first. Amplitube without a decent interface sounds like CRAP.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Well, since you're kind of new, I would suggest, instead, spending the money on a real amp.
Well the thing as said is that well a buffer size will increase latency (delay) yes.

A good and cheap recording interface is the Line 6 TonePort GX 1. It's cheap and you also get Gearbox, which is a pretty good interface. I like it a lot actually.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Stock sound cards dont work well, they will have latency and give poor results.
Get yourself an audio interface such as a M-Audio Fast Track USB or something similar.

I never could get amplitube to work even on my high end studio rig...it always distorted and cracked no matter how many different setting changes I tried.

BTW this should be in R&R
Ah, sorry for it being in the wrong place.

Also, about the recording interface, I thought you meant like a program lmao.

Anway, il just forget it and wait, because im saving up for a Line 6 POD XT anyway, I just thought this would work in the meantime.

Anyway everyone thanks for the help, il just uninstall it and use my Vox DA5 haha.
Well a POD XT will work as a soundcard for you and Gearbx is basically a POD for your computer! You can even save Gearbox preets to the POD X3!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

You can use the XT like a preamp. Moderate the levels and use the direct out or headphone out I believe.

I have one and used to do some recording that way. Just been a long time.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Well I don't know. I know you can on the X3, since they're virtually the same. But it's possible you can!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

I was being completely honest earlier actually, not trying to be an ass at all.

The Line 6 POD XT will work wonderfully as an interface all to itself.

Just run clean right through it (no amps, FX, or anything) and USB out to the computer. It will greatly decrease latency and get rid of that crackle and hum that you speak of....or at least it should..... Try it out. I got amplitube sounding great just last week using cab impulses....they rock!
Amplitube does sound better than GearBox IMO
I did get GB to work and didnt like how muddy and tinny most of the distortions presets sounded.
You could EQ them but I think theres better programs out there TBH.