i would save your money until you get about 200-400 dollars. and buy a gnx4,
it has a great variety of styles to play.
or a rp350
EHX Metal Muff, the best distortion pedal you'll get for the price, but there are some great boutique pedals at higher prices
ohai little sig.
Metal Muff FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Quote by stratdud39
ya i was looking at the metal muff.
and i already have an OD pedal

If you have an OD then take it to the store and try it out with the Classic to decide if it will work good enough. Level 8-9 and Drive at 0-1.
You could get one of the new Digitech ones.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/DigiTech-Hardwire-Series-TL-2-Metal-Distortion-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-500138-i1410005.gc

They seem good and I know they can do some quality stuff because they made the Bad Monkey. Never tried that particular series so this is a blind suggestion. They looked interesting so it might be worth it and better than the MM.
The Line 6 Uber Metal...create classic metal, Nu metal, 80`s, 90`s and grinding power thrash riffs to melt the walls.

I`ve put my Uber-Metal stomp box through hell the last year, trying to recreate every style and sound of metal. I tried over 13 boxes before picking the Uber. I wanted variability and application for a very wide range of metal tone. The core feature which sold me in the end was the 3 position noise gate. The gate really enhances hard riffs with lots of P.M.

Sometimes I keep the distortion to 0, and ride the noise gates via a BOSS SD-1 SuperOverdrive and sharp, crisp delay to make a kind of bluesy, crunchy metal madness.
Get the Line 6 Uber Metal!
Yamaha Pacifica, black
Roland Cube 30
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
Boss DD-7 Delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus
Tanglewood snq28 acoustic
(ESP LTD MH-400 soon!)
Last edited by MTL_Force at Sep 25, 2008,
Quote by stratdud39
im gonna do what ac/dc rocks said, and btw its a boss dyna drive.
but if that isnt good enough than ill either save up or get the metal muff....i think

That's a pretty awful overdrive pedal if truth be told.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by taytay8b
Boss Metal Zone is pretty good

no it is not.

edit:
The gate really enhances hard riffs with lots of P.M.

ummm..thats not what a noise gate is supposed to do...
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Last edited by sg622 at Aug 7, 2008,
works good for me anyways, depends what you're looking for i guess. its all opinion, we could never give a real answer, that's up to stratdud39 really
The Line 6 Uber Metal. The gate feature: I used to be a Lighting Technician & backup monitor mixer with a major metal act and we had a rack mounted gate array. How I understand it is that the gate cuts-off the left over noise after the attack (Say on a drum) decay, according to a pre-sellected "threshold" level, creating a fresh, low-noise base to recieve the next attack/note.

I can manage some control over the "artifacts" at the end of the decay on an electric guitar with lots of distortion and heavy P.M., but I like my P.M. riffs to have some ring in it. The Uber's gate feature allows my riffs to have more ring/feed-back fX while using less heavy P.M and allowing the ring tones I need.

I have many other uses for the gate feature on the Line 6 Uber-Metal stomp box.

My band MTL_Force lives to experiment and find new ways to test the limits.
Yamaha Pacifica, black
Roland Cube 30
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
Boss DD-7 Delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus
Tanglewood snq28 acoustic
(ESP LTD MH-400 soon!)
Last edited by MTL_Force at Sep 25, 2008,