This may be the wrong forum, but I figured you guys would be able to help me more than the people at Electric Guitar.

So recently I added some tremolo springs to my strat because I had upped the string gauge considerably. So when I went to the store to get the springs, the dude there warned me about the neck, and how it probably has warped. So now I'm home and ready to restring my guitar with the heavier strings (Power Slinkies, 11's). So would it be safe to string it up? (Note: when the bridge first got raised up, when I first put 11's on the guitar, i checked the neck by pressing the first and 14th frets to see if it was bent, and as far as I could tell, it was fine).
string it up and check the neck, if its too bowed adjust the truss rod. 1\4 turn at a time and keep checking. Don't tighten it too much or you'll punch through the fretboard or the back of the neck. Slightly comical when it happens to someone else but rather expensive to repair.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
SRV used .13s on a strat with no warping the neck issues. I have .11s on a strat and just needed to adjust the truss rod. Never had any problems with the neck.
It shouldn't cause any serious harm to the neck. I use strings on my strat that are a bit heavier than that. It just may need some tweaking afterwards.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
string up, let it settle, then if you are having issues (ie action too high/fret buzz) post in the guitar set up QandA thread in the electric guitar forum. Jenny checks that thread and should respond with sound advice.

Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
i have .11's on my strat with no problem.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
heavier strings are going to pull more on the headstock.

no one can say for sure if an adjustment will be needed.

swap one string at a time, then repost if needed.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011