I was at a local pawn shop today and found a marshall head that was labelled as a GT100R. Has anybody ever heard of these heads? I haven't been able to find anything about them online, so I figured I should ask here. It was only $150 so I might go buy it if it turns out to be some super rare amazing find (haha which I doubt). Thanks for the help!
Yeah thats it, thanks alot! So it seems like nothing better than an MG. meh...
This is what one guy wrote on the review:
"i play on this amp with a BC rich beast with a semor duncan dimbucker pickup...threw a boss gt8 stomp box"

CRUSHING!
Its just the older version of the MG.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
If the MG is an IMPROVED version of the G100CRD and the MG is one of the worst amps ever, guess how bad the G100CRD.

Seriously, it's awful!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
If the MG is an IMPROVED version of the G100CRD and the MG is one of the worst amps ever, guess how bad the G100CRD.

Seriously, it's awful!

The MGs are NOT bad amps - they are just a bit pricey for what they have to offer.

You must have missed the thread last night that officially began the slaying of the "MGs suck!" bandwagon - some guy posted sound clips claiming he was using a Peavey C30 with a TS9 for boost and everyone believed him... he later admitted that it was actually a clip of a Marshall MG - just further proves that you UG members have no clue what you are talking about!

TS: Go play the amp - you won't know whether or not you like it until you actually try it! Don't listen to what the morons on this site tell you!
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The MGs are NOT bad amps - they are just a bit pricey for what they have to offer.

You must have missed the thread last night that officially began the slaying of the "MGs suck!" bandwagon - some guy posted sound clips claiming he was using a Peavey C30 with a TS9 for boost and everyone believed him... he later admitted that it was actually a clip of a Marshall MG - just further proves that you UG members have no clue what you are talking about!

TS: Go play the amp - you won't know whether or not you like it until you actually try it! Don't listen to what the morons on this site tell you!

Link to the thread? I gotta see it
I leik music
^Did you just call me a moron? Have I tried an MG? Yes. How many times? Multiple. Have gotten a good tone? Well I've gotten something passable, but never good. Have I tried the amp in question. The answer is yes. Did I like it? NO! It sounded worse than an MG. It was really really REALLY bad. They have even worse reliabilty.

Oh and I did listen to those soundclips. To me they sounded like a Classic 30 recorded thtough a cheap computer mic (which I thought it was). When I learned it was an MG that was professionaly recorded it showed that it's a bad amp.

A bandwagon that must be slayed is that MGs aren't bad, they are. At least you can get things MILES MILES MILES better!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by i_am_metalhead

and now you're on the "MGs don't suck!" bandwagon immediately.

Gabel is always right, so don't bother arguing with him. He knows more about tone than you.

and on that note i also agree with what he said about those sound clips - there are a lot more things other than amps which effect the recorded sound - hey, i managed to get a decent tone out of an MG when i recorded with one at college in the studios with lots of EQ and stuff.
Rig Winter 2017:

Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 7, 2008,
Quote by Blompcube

Gabel is always right, so don't bother arguing with him. He knows more about tone than you.

and on that note i also agree with what he said about those sound clips - there are a lot more things other than amps which effect the recorded sound - hey, i managed to get a decent tone out of an MG when i recorded with one at college in the studios with lots of EQ and stuff.

Sigged!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Blompcube

Well if you knew anything you would know that I've been the one person on this forum who has said that MG's DON'T suck all along.

Also, I couldn't care less what Gabel says - I can read a bunch of fancy stuff on the internet and paste it into forums too, doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about.
Quote by Gabel
Sigged!

all hail gabel
I'm actually interested in buying a rocker 30 soon, and you're the reason for that they should like pay you to advertise, because you're reviews/comments about the rocker 30 have influenced me to buy it.

in all serious though, that amp sounds like trash, worse than mg, IMO
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Well if you knew anything you would know that I've been the one person on this forum who has said that MG's DON'T suck all along.

you're right, they don't suck, they blow
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by i_am_metalhead

Also, I couldn't care less what Gabel says - I can read a bunch of fancy stuff on the internet and paste it into forums too, doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about.

Yeah I can do that to. Contrary to what you say though I base all my opinions of things I have tried. I ALWAYS state if I talk about gear I haven't tried.

You can care less sure, I don't give a damn. BUT DON'T DISCREDIT ME FOR THINGS I'VE SAID!

You started the bandwagon called "MGs don't suck" then? I think it's your opinion which is not to be trusted my friend!

Quote by danyellenik
all hail gabel
I'm actually interested in buying a rocker 30 soon, and you're the reason for that they should like pay you to advertise, because you're reviews/comments about the rocker 30 have influenced me to buy it.

in all serious though, that amp sounds like trash, worse than mg, IMO

You'll love to hear the new video that's coming. Shot with a pro Canon HD cam. Best part is that it's got an XLR input, so I will mic it with an SM57!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by danyellenik
you're right, they don't suck, they blow

Well you might say that...

But I'm not a complete tool like all of you other UG users. I am able to form my own opinions and I don't quote all of the bull**** that is thrown around on these forums as being the god's honest truth like everyone else here seems to do.

And Gabel, I didn't start any bandwagon - I'm the only person on these forums that actually is able to think for himself and form his own opinions!
And your saying I don't think for myself? I have tried an MG. I have never liked it, not even when I started. I always find it to be very buzzy sounding. It seriously lacks mids, lacks bottom without getting muddy and lacks clarity and treble have a way of sounding spikey.

For the price there MANY better alternatives, such as:
Modelers:
Vox Valvetronix
Roland Cube (if you play metal)
Fender Super Champ XD, which is by far my favourite in this pricerange of the modelers. It's great sounding IMO!

Tube:
Blackheart Little Giant
Fender Champ 600
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Okay Gabel. I have thoroughly made myself out to be an ass and I apologize.

Although it is what I typed, I wasn't trying to imply that you don't know what you're talking about - I meant that the majority of people on here haven't actually tried a product themselves, they simply regurgitate what they have heard from someone else.

Rather than fighting we should be helping each other out.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Okay Gabel. I have thoroughly made myself out to be an ass and I apologize.

Although it is what I typed, I wasn't trying to imply that you don't know what you're talking about - I meant that the majority of people on here haven't actually tried a product themselves, they simply regurgitate what they have heard from someone else.

Rather than fighting we should be helping each other out.

Thank you

I agree, bandwagons are bad. I hate them. Why? Because if you agree with a badnwagon, people will just say you have never tried something and your a bandwagoner. So the only option is not to agree. But what if yo actaully have that opinion, from trying out gear and deciding on your own? Also, I'm often a starter of bandwagons (like the Vintage Modern sucks one) because I try things and base my opinion all around that, people read that and follow...
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

i play one of these anybody know a good set up for it . i use it with a ibanez s series 470qs with a diditech rp80
Actually the G Series are better than the MG Series. I know because i had one for years (still got it infact.. since 2000). The drive/distortion is slightly better but still bad... The cleans tho are fairly decent.

Edit: Still wouldn't recommend it
Last edited by ChrisN at Aug 8, 2008,
Quote by i_am_metalhead

Gimme a break MG's are awful. I owned one and its awful.

Got a Mesa, so as soon as I get a cab, I'm going to make my MG into an Alarm Clock.
Quote by i_am_metalhead

Its not my job to go through all 800 of your posts and keep a mental note of everything you've said so its no use trying to accuse me of not knowing anything just because i didn't take the time to do that.

it seems to me that what you're doing is defending an amp that you KNOW is bad, for the sake of getting attention. I'm not going to call you a noob, but unless you really have no ear for tone, the only way i could imagine you saying MGs aren't bad is if you've only tried other cheap solid states, but your profile says otherwise. Either that or you've never actually tried the MG yourself.
Rig Winter 2017: