i got no clue what lab hours are im looking at some of my classes and it says theres a few lab hours

the classes are
weight training
and computer programming

im guessing is doing something outside those classes or something like that?

any help is appreciated
english is not my 1st language
and i did try googling but it showed me stuff about laboratories
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
At a guess, practical study time.
To work on projects and such like.
Only a guess mind.
maybe its hands on work cause the sound engineering course has `studio lab hours`
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
I'm guessing that lab hours are for your computer programming class. You'll probably be working on supplementary projects and may have a TA or something teach you additional stuff. At least that's how it is at my university.
Computer rooms are often called computer labs, so it could just be computer time for study/assignments
----
I'm guessing that lab hours are for your computer programming class. You'll probably be working on supplementary projects and may have a TA or something teach you additional stuff. At least that's how it is at my university.

but my other classes like math and english have 0 lab hours but im pretty sure they will give out homework
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Yeah, lab hours are hands-on practice times, in a way.

Weight Training sounds like it'd be lab only, and the Computer Science lab is for actual programming practice, whereas the Comp Sci class is for learning theory and concepts.

Also, Weight Training and Computer Science? Isn't that some sort of paradox?
Lab hours is just the amount of time in class that you'll spend actually physically lifting weights/working on computers.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Whenever I've taken college courses with lab hours it simply means that on certain days there is a "lecture" where you listen and take notes, and other days there are "labs" where you actually DO something, ie: experiments, etc.
Schecter C-1 XXX (with SD Dave Mustaine Livewire Actives)
Roland Cube 60
Also, Weight Training and Computer Science? Isn't that some sort of paradox?

dude i need to take the crappy class because it counts toward my associate degree
if it was me it probably would have chosen another computer class
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
you will have a set time to show up for lectures (usually monday, wednesday, friday or tuesday, thursday). then outside of that, you will have a lab (usually once a week) where you show up and you implement the things you learned in lecture into a hands on experience.

its basically just another meeting for that class with another focus. and no that does not count as homework for that class. you will get homework in the lectures, and do other work in the labs.

the labs usually dont give homework though. its a show up, do a set amount of work, then leave when you have finished it.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
you will have a set time to show up for lectures (usually monday, wednesday, friday or tuesday, thursday). then outside of that, you will have a lab (usually once a week) where you show up and you implement the things you learned in lecture into a hands on experience.

its basically just another meeting for that class with another focus. and no that does not count as homework for that class. you will get homework in the lectures, and do other work in the labs.

the labs usually dont give homework though. its a show up, do a set amount of work, then leave when you have finished it.

ahhh i see now

so probably we get lectures on class for weight training since they have to and then we go hit the gym im assuming

for comp class is the same but i assume if for the programming exercises
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
forgot to thank you guys

thanks everybody for the answers they are much appreciated