hi i been having a hard time improvising with a pentatonic, what are some other things that would help me with improvising?
Hı, thıs maybe complete bollocks to you ... but, ı had thıs same problem. wat ı dıd was ı closed my eyes and dıdnt focus my mınd on anythıng and just let my fıngers do the talkıng, keepıng my eyes closed and just lettıng nature take over. ıt worked for me

good luck
How much time do you devote to ear training? The ability to translate a melody that you hear in your head to the instrument is one of the most important abilities to a player (whether they improvise or not). Even holding your instrument while watching TV and working out a few of the short little melodies that you hear on whatever shows you watch will help immensely over time. The next best thing you can do is learn and analyze a few of your favorite guitarists solos, and build up a repertoire of licks that you can call upon when improvising. The third step (which is important whether you're improvising or not) is to learn as much theory as you can. The more you think, the better you play.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Aug 7, 2008,
Quote by Archeo Avis
How much time do you devote to ear training? The ability to translate a melody that you hear in your head to the instrument is one of the most important abilities to a player (whether they improvise or not). Even holding your instrument while watching TV and working out a few of the short little melodies that you hear on whatever shows you listen to will help immensely over time. The next best thing you can do is learn and analyze a few of your favorite guitarists solos, and build up a repertoire of licks that you can call upon when improvising. The third step (which is important whether you're improvising or not) is to learn as much theory as you can. The more you think, the better you play.

there you go.
ear training, learning some songs (of course not mandatory, but doesn't hurt too much. actually can motivate you) and learn theory.

of course all that plus experience in your instrument.
Quote by Archeo Avis
How much time do you devote to ear training? The ability to translate a melody that you hear in your head to the instrument is one of the most important abilities to a player (whether they improvise or not). Even holding your instrument while watching TV and working out a few of the short little melodies that you hear on whatever shows you listen to will help immensely over time. The next best thing you can do is learn and analyze a few of your favorite guitarists solos, and build up a repertoire of licks that you can call upon when improvising. The third step (which is important whether you're improvising or not) is to learn as much theory as you can. The more you think, the better you play.

x2. This much will take you far if you can stick to it.
just keep practicing and playing songs of those you envie. it will get easier over time. keyword is time. you can't expect to learn these hard things in a few weeks. it will take many years to master.
Taking a solo, breaking into down, into phrases and components of phrases and
then comparing that to key scales, rythms, motifs, etc... Basically it's an attempt
to try and understand what was going on in the players head in general terms
so that you can re-assemble what you like about it into something similar for your
own improvisiation.
You need to learn how to improvise in your head before you've got a hope of producing anything from the guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i'm kinda in rock/metal i don't too guitarist like what are some guitar off that genre
Quote by madshatter
just keep practicing and playing songs of those you envie. it will get easier over time. keyword is time. you can't expect to learn these hard things in a few weeks. it will take many years to master.

+1.

Relax and don't get frustrated if it doesn't come straight away, just stick with it.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.