I recently bought a used Peavey Cirrus BXP from a nearby guitarcenter, and i'm not sure how long the batteries are supposed to last. It runs on 2 9v's, but the batteries only last about a month before the sound starts to get seriously distorted; i took the batteries out and measured them with a multimeter and they're both at around 5v.
I'm unplugging it after i finish, and I practice maybe 1 and a half hours a day. am I doing something wrong or could it be a problem with the instrument?
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Cirrus' have been known to have this problem before - they're something wrong with the circuit so has a result eats batteries like there is no tomorrow. Take the bass back and get your money back. One guy I know had the same problem with his and had to wait 3 months for his Cirrus to be fixed and when he got sent a new bass instead, that had the same problem!
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!
Maybe its because your running a pre-amp thats to powered by two 9 volt batteries with two 5 volt ones.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Maybe its because your running a pre-amp thats to powered by two 9 volt batteries with two 5 volt ones.

He put brand new one's in to begin with...
You can't comment on gear until you have tried it!
what kind of battery life do you guys get?

Playing regularly with my old Washburn that took 2 9vs, I'd change every 3 or 4 months. If I was playing a gig, I'd change if the batteries were close to 3 months old just in case.
What this sounds like is a wiring problem draining the battery.