Time to answer the time old question, what keeps you motivated to practice? I'm pretty good already and I have had motivation problems in the past, I eventually overcome them. Sometimes I'll play really hard for a whole week then just stop. how do you guys keep on practising really hard?
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS
In short, I don't. I mess around quite a lot, but don't 'practice' much as such. I wish I did though, I really want to be better
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
I do the same thing. I practice pretty hard for a couple months, then just stop for a couple weeks. It's usually because I buy a new video game/find an awesome website, and eventually I remember how much fun playing guitar is (don't know how I forget to begin with), and start practicing like mad to make up for lost time.

To be fair, this does help me, since each time I start up again, I end up being better (speed/technicality) than I was before and gain at least one new guitar skill each time. I hope and assume that eventually, I'll gain enough skills that I'll craft a sound I like and stop having these breaks in between. Here's hoping
Quote by Liberchaotica
In short, I don't. I mess around quite a lot, but don't 'practice' much as such. I wish I did though, I really want to be better

Same. I've never properly practiced. Just played songs and learnt that way.

You could join a band or trying making your own music to keep you motivated.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Listening to awesome guitar pieces usually motivates me.
Deluxe Player's Strat
Soon-to-be(Hopefully)- Peavey Bandit